New bike

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
Hi, I've had a Zephyr B for over three years now and the battery is starting to play up a bit, by that I mean I'm getting less mileage which I suppose is to be accepted. I gather there's only a 10amp battery available for this bike so did wonder about a change, The Krieger looks a possibility with choice of batteries, would I notice much difference with the crank drive and is it a good drive?

Thanks for any help.

Peter.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you found the Zephyr B OK, I doubt that you'll like a crank drive. It's not nearly as convenient.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the battery is removable from the frame then you can get it recelled to give more ah, possibly 30% or more capacity.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
What about a Big Bear? It has a 15ah battery and also a very powerful high-torque motor.

I'd say the Krieger is only worth it if you live in a very hilly area. As d8veh said, crank drives are less convenient. I owned a Krieger in the past and now own a Big Bear, and I find the Big Bear to be easier and more fun to ride.

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
What about a Big Bear? It has a 15ah battery and also a very powerful high-torque motor.

I'd say the Krieger is only worth it if you live in a very hilly area. As d8veh said, crank drives are less convenient. I owned a Krieger in the past and now own a Big Bear, and I find the Big Bear to be easier and more fun to ride.
Couldn't agree more - I love my Big Bear too!

Advertisers