New ebike owner

philliptjohnson

Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2017
Washington
Hi, just got my first ebike last week. Carrera crossfire e, had the tires switched for schwalbe marathon plus before picking up and swapped saddle for a Brooks sprung leather one. Used to be quite a keen cyclist for about 7 years... Nothing too extreme... Done C2C 4 times over a variety of durations (2, 3 and 4 days). I've had back issues that got progressively worse to the point that I had stop cycling, along with some other activities, 2 years ago due to pain. Had a discectomy back op 2 months ago which has enabled me to cycle again but I want to take it easy to avoid back issues returning while keeping fit and healthy and getting out... hence the ebike.

I've been enjoying reading a lot of the info going back through the forums, finding it one of the best sources of info online for ebikes... Great community with great members... Excited about becoming part of it!

IMG_20170614_182116.jpg IMG_20170617_081655.jpg

philliptjohnson

Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2017
Washington
Thanks guys, yeah I thought black went better with the color scheme of the bike.

Planning on getting mudguards fitted at the 6 week checkup at Halfords... Got a free 150 quid voucher for accessories with the cycle2work scheme so got the marathon plus tires and the three year electric bike service plan. With the service plan you get free fitting on everything you but from Halfords for the bike so will get them to for the mudguards, might get some out in the tubes at that point as well as an extra safeguard against having to fix a puncture on the go.

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Hi, just got my first ebike last week. Carrera crossfire e, had the tires switched for schwalbe marathon plus before picking up and swapped saddle for a Brooks sprung leather one. Used to be quite a keen cyclist for about 7 years... Nothing too extreme... Done C2C 4 times over a variety of durations (2, 3 and 4 days). I've had back issues that got progressively worse to the point that I had stop cycling, along with some other activities, 2 years ago due to pain. Had a discectomy back op 2 months ago which has enabled me to cycle again but I want to take it easy to avoid back issues returning while keeping fit and healthy and getting out... hence the ebike.

I've been enjoying reading a lot of the info going back through the forums, finding it one of the best sources of info online for ebikes... Great community with great members... Excited about becoming part of it!

View attachment 19841 View attachment 19842
Great saddle, Brooks Flyer isn't it? Put the same on my bike as soon as I got it.