NEW Electric Bike £499 at 'The Range'

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Hi mjwobble,

A better and more practical. alternative to the Cadence for your terrain around Halifax would be an eZee Torq or eZee Sprint, they are of course much more expensive than the bike you are looking at.

Although the Cadence has the same powerful motor as the rest of the eZee range it is really a beach cruiser, not a hill climber.
what do you think of the alienocean warp drive bikes for off road?

http://www.alienbikes.co.uk/page13.htm

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
I've got one, it used to be yours;)
It has been rebuilt with a new motor, controller, new tyres, larger chainring and wiring etc., it also has 2 x 10Ah batteries and now looks like this.
View attachment 7925
The latest Cadence with a 20Ah battery would cost £1545 and we don't have any in stock. That does not mean would couldn't get one.

I still think that a Torq or Sprint would be be a better option for you.

The one that you saw on Ebay belonged to a guy from the Bristol area and The Electric Transport Shop contacted me about some new parts for it but they did not respond to my emails, so I guess he gave up.
take it you don't fancy selling that back to me then that was the bargain of the century I'm happy to see it's been treated very well

how long would it take to get a 20ah cadence? just out of curiosity. I've tried quite a few bikes now and nothing comes close to that smooth Cadence

C

Cyclezee

take it you don't fancy selling that back to me then that was the bargain of the century I'm happy to see it's been treated very well

how long would it take to get a 20ah cadence? just out of curiosity. I've tried quite a few bikes now and nothing comes close to that smooth Cadence
Not quite a bargain when you consider all the work that went into it as detailed above which also included rebuilding both wheels, replacing the original battery and getting 2 new Schwalbe Big Apple Plus tyres from Germany.

It's not really for sale as it is my daily transport unless you make me an offer I can't refuse;)

You could have a new Cadence in 8 to 10 weeks, but I would need to know ASAP as I shall be placing a stock order at the end of the week.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The eZee Cadence is truly a very special e-bike for the loyalty it inspires in those who try it and like it.

I remember a pedelecs member in 2007 who having tried one previously wanted to buy one, but that was just at the point when it had been discontinued in the UK by the importer, simplifying their range. He considered all the other options, but just couldn't reconcile himself to anything else, so he persuaded the importer to bring one from China especially for him. Since then the Cadence has been much improved of course, not least with a better more powerful motor.

Few e-bikes have that sort of irreplaceability and enjoy that loyalty, also shown by mjwobble in this thread.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

We tend to stock the more popular models, but will bend over backwards to get a customer what they want.

Just this morning a customer has requested a Forza stepthru RWD, not a model that we normally stock and it isn't even on our website yet, but we will get one if he confirms an order.
It is new model that can specified with FWD or RWD and the only photo we have so far is of the FWD version.
IMG_7892 copy.JPG