New Juicy Sports Torque Bike Prototype

Chuck Ives

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 26, 2016
Chesterfield
A first update on the New Juicy Sports prototype bike. I took my new original Juicy bike for its first service at Juicy's New Mills head office. Whilst there Bob the owner invited me to try their new Roadster bike that they are currently developing and testing. Taking up this opportunity and I came back very impressed with the torque sensor set-up. Hearing this Bob then told me that he had a prototype Sports Click that I could also try. This had a new Aikema motor, rear hub, Lcd info screen with speed, total mileage and 5 power settings, easy start throttle, torque sensor and a new RST mono shock front fork. I was on the bike as quick as possible and came back from the test ride completely blown away. The new Sports prototype delivered a really responsive ride and having a torque sensor and a easy start throttle was the ideal set-up with for the Derbyshire countryside where I live. Whilst the Peak District is very pretty it seems to have a steep hill in every direction. The new Juicy Sports set-up gave me the ability to use the easy start throttle to get forward momentum on tricky hill starts that is the norm in this area and then the fitted torque sensor made very light work on climbing the hill. Do you need a throttle and a torque sensor, in my opinion Yes you do, it's makes E biking a real pleasure. After showering praises on the new prototype Juicy Sports Click, I was amazed when Bob gave me the opportunity to buy the Sports Prototype ( taking my original bike back in) and after the first weeks riding around the hills of Derbyshire I am amazed by the bikes ride ability to give a 65 year old man a new lease of life and really enjoy being out cycling in the countryside. The torque sensor/throttle set up is so, so good and the mono suspension fork couple with the suspension post on the saddle smooths out the worst of our pot holed roads. The new Aikema motor is very quiet ( you cannot hear it when riding) I added a larger battery that will give the bike a true 50+ mile range on mid power assisted riding in the hills. All in all I think that Juicy has designed a winner and it's great to be young again. Thanks Juicy.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Q128 is a Aikema hub is it one and the same ?

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
A first update on the New Juicy Sports prototype bike. I took my new original Juicy bike for its first service at Juicy's New Mills head office. Whilst there Bob the owner invited me to try their new Roadster bike that they are currently developing and testing. Taking up this opportunity and I came back very impressed with the torque sensor set-up. Hearing this Bob then told me that he had a prototype Sports Click that I could also try. This had a new Aikema motor, rear hub, Lcd info screen with speed, total mileage and 5 power settings, easy start throttle, torque sensor and a new RST mono shock front fork. I was on the bike as quick as possible and came back from the test ride completely blown away. The new Sports prototype delivered a really responsive ride and having a torque sensor and a easy start throttle was the ideal set-up with for the Derbyshire countryside where I live. Whilst the Peak District is very pretty it seems to have a steep hill in every direction. The new Juicy Sports set-up gave me the ability to use the easy start throttle to get forward momentum on tricky hill starts that is the norm in this area and then the fitted torque sensor made very light work on climbing the hill. Do you need a throttle and a torque sensor, in my opinion Yes you do, it's makes E biking a real pleasure. After showering praises on the new prototype Juicy Sports Click, I was amazed when Bob gave me the opportunity to buy the Sports Prototype ( taking my original bike back in) and after the first weeks riding around the hills of Derbyshire I am amazed by the bikes ride ability to give a 65 year old man a new lease of life and really enjoy being out cycling in the countryside. The torque sensor/throttle set up is so, so good and the mono suspension fork couple with the suspension post on the saddle smooths out the worst of our pot holed roads. The new Aikema motor is very quiet ( you cannot hear it when riding) I added a larger battery that will give the bike a true 50+ mile range on mid power assisted riding in the hills. All in all I think that Juicy has designed a winner and it's great to be young again. Thanks Juicy.
yoda_nopic_on_thread.jpg

• :D
Reactions: JuicyBike

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looking at it the same hubs then freewheel Q100/128sx = Q100/128h.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
To be honest I have no idea if the motor is a Q128. I'm not a technical buff but as a recently retired 65 year old I can say that the new motor is much quieter, powerful and really delivers an amazing ride.
I've ridden up Winnats on that ;)

Reactions: JuicyBike

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Firstly, I'm really pleased you're enjoying the bike Chuck. That's got to be the priority - that customers are happy.
Secondly, we only have 2 more prototypes available at £1200 for the 10ah version.
Thirdly, because the system is so good to ride, we decided to delay until a new frame could be used for the final retail version - which is a (high) step through.
The retail version "Roller" will be £1445, available September (so we're all listening to Earth Wind and Fire here at Juicy).
We will post pictures soon, but like any bike, test riding it is key to knowing if it's right for you.

Thanks for the feedback Chuck.

• Informative
Reactions: gray198

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Update: Cycling Weekly (hope there's no pun taken ...) have now released their review of our Roller prototype, just in time for the NEC Cycle Show, when she goes on sale in her final spec. You can read the review here.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Two aspects that show a need for better attention to detail that can instantly be picked up upon.
Quite right Eddie. The prototype was used to establish several improvements.
We've been quite meticulous in developing this bike with a series of prototypes tested and reported back into the final product, with complete transparency along the way.
Hope you get to see and ride the final version at the NEC.
Welcome to the design team!

Reactions: EddiePJ

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Bob nice bike but assist to 25mph:eek:. If it's s class then 28 is the limit.;)