New Legal Speed Limit: What should it be?

What should be the new speed limit for ebikes on UK roads?

• 15.5 mph: 'Stop complaining. It's fine as it is'

• 20 mph: 'Twenty's plenty'

• 30 mph: 'C'mon, let's keep up with traffic'

• 60 mph: 'Built for the b-roads!'

• 70 mph: 'Let's go on the motorway!'

• Other:

Results are only viewable after voting.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i can just about reach cut off speed now on the flat and avg 28mph with me 20t sprocket tho the fkn crank arm fell off at the docks pmsl and on way back nuked 4 plod on bikes going down the canal as was looking for a dead body lol.

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
There is a new divice on the market that allows one to set their own assist limit so in theory a limit of 15.5 + 10% could be set but the problem is that for those who want to go faster then a 10% or even 20% increase would never be enough..
I imagine I got lucky with my bike since it assists to 17.5mph. Making it technically illegal out of the factory by just under half a mile an hour.
.45 mph exactly.

It's enough! lol sorry to doubt your assumption though
There will be speed freaks of course but don't assume that anyone ot happy with the 15.5 cutoff is lookingfor more and more.

I may be in a very small minority but just the same I say that I cannot ride a moped- I cannot drive a car- but I would like to be able to go 20mph on an ebke because that isn't an unsafe speed unless you're an ass who doesn't deserve the privelige. And they always get weeded out at some point or another.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I imagine I got lucky with my bike since it assists to 17.5mph. Making it technically illegal out of the factory by just under half a mile an hour.
.45 mph exactly.

There will be speed freaks of course but don't assume that anyone ot happy with the 15.5 cutoff is lookingfor more and more.

I may be in a very small minority but just the same I say that I cannot ride a moped- I cannot drive a car- but I would like to be able to go 20mph on an ebke because that isn't an unsafe speed unless you're an ass who doesn't deserve the privelige. And they always get weeded out at some point or another.
wait until you crash going 30mph then out comes the staple gun :D:D

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
.45 mph exactly.

How do you know the 17.5 is correct?

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
How do you know the 17.5 is correct?
I guess I don't..Maybe I'm doing 15 and think I'm flyin maybe I'm doin 20 and well.. The point is max 20 is ok in the right settings.

120 on the motorway never really is right? 20 down a twisting cycle path isn't either but it shouldn't be regulated

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
15mph is sooo slow its like there standing still when i pass them lol

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
nope ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
Well done to soundwave. The FECKER that wins gold in the 2018 how not to use an ebike series

Don't rest on your laurels ffs, keep pushing on, someday you'll get pushed in the drink by a random strangers unpredictability, or just put them in hospital, perhaps yourself too, but speed is king and so are you for now, congrats!!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Well done to soundwave. The FECKER that wins gold in the 2018 how not to use an ebike series

Don't rest on your laurels ffs, keep pushing on, someday you'll get pushed in the drink by a random strangers unpredictability, or just put them in hospital, perhaps yourself too, but speed is king and so are you for now, congrats!!
i been winning it since 2014 :D go slow and go home :p

Nefarious

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2016
South Yorkshire; S11

As a pedestrian, it drives me mad when cyclists overtake me close from behind. So effing ignorant!

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

King Soundwave.....

• :D
Reactions: Fat Rat