New member advice on new ebike please

OilyMechanic

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 30, 2015
Having listened

Anyone care to rank the following: 1-10? I appreciate that there is always an element of personal preference but I am getting close to a decision having probably over-thought much of this. Reading through the posts has been enlightening and I’ve eventually taken the over-riding (pun) advice to discount other than Bosch or Yamaha motors.

Winora Radius Urban

Orbea Katu E10

Tern Vektron Folding Bosch Electric Bike

Last but not least (if still available)

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/riese-muller-blue-label-roadster-touring-for-sale.28790/

The last one has me a little worried about my knees and I believe the smaller bikes to offer a bit more security when it comes to stopping, for whatever reason?

Peter
Out of those I'd say the Orbea is the best. I've worked on a few of the 3 speed hubs that's on the winora - and heavier riders break them constantly. God knows what they're like with a motor added.

The tern is a bit pricey for a 300wh and not that great foldability.

If the impulse motor fixes have worked, the Sahel would be a joint first

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Out of those I'd say the Orbea is the best. I've worked on a few of the 3 speed hubs that's on the winora - and heavier riders break them constantly. God knows what they're like with a motor added.

The tern is a bit pricey for a 300wh and not that great foldability.

If the impulse motor fixes have worked, the Sahel would be a joint first
Finding it very hard to dismiss the Winora Radius Urban and for that matter to source them - they seem quite rare which I take to mean production to be virtually sold out. Bit of a worry that people seem able to break the 3 speed hubs, is there any collaboration of this or is it that people down your way are just over weight and just a bit rough? Well heeled and rough even?