New site

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Mike,

there is a thread in the main forum now for people to discuss what they want the titles to be, if anything.

They are based on number of posts, so that needs to be taken into consideration too. Alternatively a single title could be used regardless of activity.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Wander,

I too use the 'Whats New' button a lot!
There are now 2 extra levels. From homepage you have to click on Forum on top bar> Then below that is the 2nd bar, hover over 'Forums' then click on 'New Posts'..

Rather annoying as before you could click this from any page on the site. Im sure Russ will add it to the top menu as a quick link.

Regards
Martin
Thanks Martin

That worked for a while however now the drop down doesn't seem to drop down any more!

D

Deleted member 4366

You don't have to do two clicks. You just move your mouse pointer to "forum", and then "new posts" is in the drop - down. You can do it in one movement after a bit of practice.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Thanks Martin

That worked for a while however now the drop down doesn't seem to drop down any more!
There was some sort of a problem with the dropdown menus earlier, which now seems to be fixed;) I also couldn't write any pm's, so had to use the 'contact us' form to flag the problem up to Helen and Russ.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's weird. Everything has worked perfectly for me.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Yep fixed ,now!

I found viewing the site in compatability mode fixed the problems with PMs etc.

Further problem:-
Signatures don't show unless you are actually logged in (they showed logged in or logged out on the old site).

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
There was some sort of a problem with the dropdown menus earlier, which now seems to be fixed;) I also couldn't write any pm's, so had to use the 'contact us' form to flag the problem up to Helen and Russ.
I had the exact same problem, also couldn't post a message, so used the contact us tab too.

Reactions: peerjay56

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi folks,

This problem was caused by the ad system as I was testing out a feature.

Thanks
Russ.

Reactions: peerjay56

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
One thing that really bugs me about this new forum, is how the 'New Posts' work.
When I'm not signed in to the forum I can see all the threads with new posts listed.... as soon as I sign in, threads I've posted on are not there and I have to then search all the sections of the site.

Advertisers