New Specialized Turbo Levo models (hardtails, fat bikes)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It's for getting on and off the bike...

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
I was really impressed by the Cube. I wanted the carbon c62 as well. The dealer on the Isle of Wight is not having any luck.
There's one on EBay for sale,but the only thing that put me off was that the warranty is NOT transferable.

gordie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2014
I'm also really liking the look of this years Cube's, very tempted by the C62 SL but it's a toss up between one of those and a new road bike :confused:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
That does look nice,but way above my price range.:(

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

gordie

Jun 28, 2014
I like the look of the specialized bikes but I'm not convinced with the motors or Ui. I'm also too heavily invested in the Bosch system as I've bought a spare 500 powerpack for my existing bike which gives me loads of range.

Reactions: soundwave

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
I'm also really liking the look of this years Cube's, very tempted by the C62 SL but it's a toss up between one of those and a new road bike :confused:
The C62 SL is priced the same as the Levo HT - it has a great spec and weighs in at a lovely 17.9kg I believe. I'd be interested in your thoughts if you demo or buy it.

Tredz had 20% off a couple of months ago too which made it a nice price too!

Last edited:

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Dave and I were at Roman Lakes on Sunday where NorthWest MTB were doing the demo of these Specialized bikes...although our bikes are BBS02s and 200W more than the new £4k bikes they were demo-ing, ours are 12 and 8 years older but we still did 2 laps of the circuit they were doing in the same time it took the group of 4 to do one loop (without having a generator to charge the batteries as the team van had)...and ours cost £1500 to build! I sold my Haibike All Mountain Pro last Friday as I cannot see the point in spending that kind of money on a bike that doesn't cut the mustard (I can build two top spec BBS02s for the £3k I got for my German Ubercycle)...they do look the business though, I'll give you that:cool:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
is that what it sold for 3k?

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
is that what it sold for 3k?
Yup, well 3100 if i'm being correct...you may have seen the ad on e-blag...I gave the guy £85 back to get the KS Lev serviced...I don't miss the bike, but It's what got us all into e-bikes and made me build the five bikes we currently run (another is on the way when Eclipse get the motors in stock...my 2015 Nukeproof Mega AM is getting it's bottom bracket machined and I'll squeeze a 750 or 1k in there...then it really will be Mega:D)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
3500 i paid for mine off flee bay with 160 miles on the clock, will be keeping mine till i snap it in half lol.

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
3500 i paid for mine off flee bay with 160 miles on the clock, will be keeping mine till i snap it in half lol.
You should have waited til last week!! Mine was spec'd up and went with a big box full of spares too...and 3500 is what I paid for mine last June with 200 on the clock...had to travel to S.Wales to collect it though

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
...anyway, off topic...back to those pretty Specialized bikes

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
I like the look of the specialized bikes but I'm not convinced with the motors or Ui. I'm also too heavily invested in the Bosch system as I've bought a spare 500 powerpack for my existing bike which gives me loads of range.
Lack of bar mountain controls is a downside, although you can buy (for £45 apparently) a bar mounted ANT+ remote to change the assist level.

The thing I really like about the Brose is how quiet it is. I've ridden it a few times and I like the power delivery and torque (just 'different' to Bosch), but I can't talk to any potential concerns regarding long term ownership. They will come with a warranty though should the worse happen...

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Lack of bar mountain controls is a downside, although you can buy (for £45 apparently) a bar mounted ANT+ remote to change the assist level.

The thing I really like about the Brose is how quiet it is. I've ridden it a few times and I like the power delivery and torque (just 'different' to Bosch), but I can't talk to any potential concerns regarding long term ownership. They will come with a warranty though should the worse happen...
Pretty poor for that kind of initial purchase price though Mab...I did wonder on the day how the rider was going to change power levels whilst fighting muddy rocks without going off into the bushes;)

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
Pretty poor for that kind of initial purchase price though Mab...I did wonder on the day how the rider was going to change power levels whilst fighting muddy rocks without going off into the bushes;)
Completely agree - it's bloody ridiculous. You could be spending £7,000 on an S-Works FSR Levo and need to pay an extra £45 for bar mounted controls (well, I'm sure they would throw it in for free at that price but you get my drift).

However... negatives can sometimes be positives in disguise. I really enjoyed the simplicity of the cockpit with no display, no buttons, no gizmos, etc. It's really visually pleasing and took me back to my younger days of just cycling rather than looking at cadence, ascent, some other unecessary stat.

Annoying when I hit a steep hill though and was fumbling with the downtube to find the button to pop it into trail or turbo mode...

• Agree

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Totally agree with the clean look...very sleek, purposeful looking bikes :cool:

gordie

Jun 28, 2014
Yup, well 3100 if i'm being correct...you may have seen the ad on e-blag...I gave the guy £85 back to get the KS Lev serviced...I don't miss the bike, but It's what got us all into e-bikes and made me build the five bikes we currently run (another is on the way when Eclipse get the motors in stock...my 2015 Nukeproof Mega AM is getting it's bottom bracket machined and I'll squeeze a 750 or 1k in there...then it really will be Mega:D)
I assume that will be with a backpack battery? If so do you make the battery packs yourself or purchase them from somewhere?

I've been tempted to try a Bafang on one of my regular bikes but the lack of somewhere to mount the battery has always been the issue.

Related Articles

Advertisers