New Specialized Turbo Levo models (hardtails, fat bikes)

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I started off with a 22.5Ah back-pack battery, but a 6Kg or so block of alloy sitting on the base of my spine was a bad accident waiting to happen where we ride, so I had Jimmy at BGA Reworking (aka Insat Intl) build me a battery in a Topeak Large saddlebag and he squeezed 11.6Ah in there (we now have 4 of them they're that good)...here's details of the bike and if you look in the S-peds forum there's more of my builds...

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/2004-s-works-enduro-bbs02.23363/

• Dislike
Reactions: nrgbod and gordie

gordie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2014
I started off with a 22.5Ah back-pack battery, but a 6Kg or so block of alloy sitting on the base of my spine was a bad accident waiting to happen where we ride, so I had Jimmy at BGA Reworking (aka Insat Intl) build me a battery in a Topeak Large saddlebag and he squeezed 11.6Ah in there (we now have 4 of them they're that good)...here's details of the bike and if you look in the S-peds forum there's more of my builds...

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/2004-s-works-enduro-bbs02.23363/
Wow, excellent idea on the battery..what kind of range do you get with the saddlebag? I assume that's 48v rather than 52v?

Think I may give that a go with my Foes and a BBS HD..may have some more questions for you if that's OK :)

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Wow, excellent idea on the battery..what kind of range do you get with the saddlebag? I assume that's 48v rather than 52v?

Think I may give that a go with my Foes and a BBS HD..may have some more questions for you if that's OK :)
No probs on any questions, but do it by pm so we don't clog threads up;)

They charge to 54.6V and I've been advised by Jimmy at BGA to set my cut-off voltage to 39V when I get my programming lead (you can really tell when they're hot off the charger on our 48V BBS02s). Range-wise, it's all relative dependent on where/how you ride...we'll do 30ish miles tomorrow pm on mixed terrain, with plenty of rocky climbs and the corresponding descents of course:D

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

gordie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2014
No probs on any questions, but do it by pm so we don't clog threads up;)

They charge to 54.6V and I've been advised by Jimmy at BGA to set my cut-off voltage to 39V when I get my programming lead (you can really tell when they're hot off the charger on our 48V BBS02s). Range-wise, it's all relative dependent on where/how you ride...we'll do 30ish miles tomorrow pm on mixed terrain, with plenty of rocky climbs and the corresponding descents of course:D
That's a decent range and not far off what I'm getting with the haibike with a 400wh battery around south hams (quite hilly).

I'll get a Bafang ordered tomorrow and have a word with BGA to see what's possible battery wise.

Luna do a 52v 14s4p 13.5ah "shark" pack, if you could replicate something like that in a saddle bag that would be perfect. I wouldn't really mind if it was backpack mounted in a camelback mule or similar.

Related Articles

Advertisers