New Wisper 905SE owner

TripHazard

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 5, 2018
Southampton
Hi..

Having read several threads on here for a while and having a budget of £1000. I bought a Wipser 905SE..

20180522_174528.jpg

Needed a bike to do a 10 mile commute x 2.. Quite a few hills involved.. One thing that baffles me is.. "range".. I've done 3 journeys all over 10 miles each and the battery shows full after every trip. The "Upto 30 Miles" is that using the motor 100% of the time. I find I sit at 16mph+ for quite a lot of the journey.. I understand I am not using the motor then, but is that not taken into account with the range?

20180522_174547.jpg

Display after a 13 mile trip.. Should I assume my range would be well over 30 miles with my riding style?

Thanks Jon..

Reactions: Wisper Bikes
D

Deleted member 4366

If you don't pedal very hard and don't have too many hills and aren't too heavy, you should use something like 8 - 10 wh/mile. If you're heavy and have a hilly ride, that will go up to 15 wh/m.

if you have the 11Ah battery, that's 11 x 36 = 396wh, so range would be between 27 and 50 miles or a lot more if you pedal hard. If you have a bigger capacity battery, range will be proportionally more.

Don't take too much notice of the meter because they sometimes accelerate downwards after the first segment goes out, but at least it will be consistent, so do longer journeys until you figure out its behaviour pattern.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Jon, welcome to Pedelecs, it's good to hear from you.

We sell many bikes every day and rarely get to talk to the people who are actually using our bikes.

David is absolutely correct in what he says, you will get a good thirty miles from your bike if you are pedaling etc.

We have to be very careful with our range predictions, a heavy weight rider with big panniers, a big jacket and half flat tyres who uses max power wherever they go could get less than half the range you are achieving. For this reason we tend to under estimate the range our bikes in marketing. We would rather people be pleasantly surprised rather than the other way around!

We do not include non assisted riding in our calculations.

Keep an eye on the battery state, it does drop quite quickly when it starts to go.

All the best, David

Reactions: TripHazard

TripHazard

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 5, 2018
Southampton
Thanks guys. I am a bigish guy.. 14 and a bit stone and I do tend to travel with panniers.. Only after 30ish miles i am very pleased with the bike and currently look farward to riding to work more than driving..

Reactions: Wisper Bikes