soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Looks interesting, the competition to improve performance and lose weight will be the focus for the next few years.

Ebikes will undoubtedly go through a period of transition

• Agree
Reactions: chris130256

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: Denis99

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Next Big Theme Connectivity
There is a mobile app give
The EVO models now receive an OBU Thus it should be possible the bike any time to places for example in case of theft besides there GPX Route Export There is a positioning system to give with which one can be found for example better in case of breakdown Moreover, emergency call system be automatically in the event of an accident, an emergency signal / message to a predefined number settles with exact position description in map ..... It should (if I have understood really) also be possible to remote maintenance and remote diagnostics by the dealer from the to be carried out remotely for example, read error codes, and from there, if necessary, if possible, ect and software updates. do ... The whole runs over the net of the German Telekom, thus is best Netzzabdeckung be guaranteed. In the bike will then be well integrated a SIM card in the OBU.This service will be 3 years free, then there is the possibility for (vorraussichtlich) about 60 € this service of 3 years to extend if desired

Last edited:
  • Informative

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Yamaha might as well have called it the CX - that's what it is, extra torque and a bigger battery.

Reminds me of the 70s when the Japanese were known for copying European cars and consumer goods.

Nothing wrong with that, but it goes to show that in an ever changing world, some things never change.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yamaha might as well have called it the CX - that's what it is, extra torque and a bigger battery.

Reminds me of the 70s when the Japanese were known for copying European cars and consumer goods.

Nothing wrong with that, but it goes to show that in an ever changing world, some things never change.
Indeed, but it's full circle this time. Bosch directly copied the very successful Panasonic torque sensor/pedelec unit which they decided to jump into the crank drive motor market, and now we have Japanese Yamaha taking ideas from them.

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Info on Haibike sduro range here.

Planning to buy in Autumn, was waiting to see what Yamaha come up with for 2017 or pickup a discounted 2016 Bosch.

500wh battery and new display are just what I was hoping for. New motor and frames is even better. Probably looking at the FullSeven 7.0 or AllMtn 7.0 for around £3,000.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Damn SW now I hope you have saved up because these look like serious bikes! And the Pound is down against the Euro... Shame.

Maybe I should just run off and start a trekking bike section for all us commuters?

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I was waiting for eMTBs in 2017 with new Shimano drive. This new Yamaha looks just as good, has history and comes on Haibikes.

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
Is it really only me that likes the placement of the computer? It seems a better option that the Nyon, Intuvia, etc. that sit on but in front of the bars which is more susceptible to damage in a scenario where the bike and I unexpectedly part company.

I have knocked bar mounted computers going literally arse over tit, which I don't think would have resulted in a knock to the Yamaha.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you have not seen it with the cables attached then stupid idea that is.

• Informative
Reactions: mab13

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the best place for them is behind the stem on top of the frame with a hole for the cable.

but no cant do that and find the most stupid places to put them instead :rolleyes:

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
Very strange, looking at the "motor" from a motorcycle mechanics perspective it's instantly recognisable as a Yamaha.

Agreed with the cable routing, pretty bad idea..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

im changing to that when i can buy it ;)

Reactions: paul20v

Related Articles

Advertisers