Newbee to electric bike

mellingford

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 24, 2008
Dundee Scotland
Hi all
Bought myself a izip skyline electric bike on ebay for £300 brand new had my doubts about an electric bike at that price,have to give buyer there due did warn me battery may be faulty ie not charging or charge will not last long but i have found after 6 months use it is still going strong,the batteries are lithion and seem to be ok.I have to be honest the bike is very good for the price i paid, it is pas and has 3 gradiant settings it is 24v and for general running about is great.For this price i gather it may be a discontined model, there is a few drawbacks it is not the greatest for realy steep hills, but i do mean realy steep it will probably be because it is 24v,The battery and gradiant indicator on the handelbar can be a pain it is very easely knocked against and breaks easily i have had to super glue it a few times.I am not sure about buying new battery have googled for new battery but not very sucsesfull this may be the problem but i am sure with an electronic background i will overcome this problem all in i think i have got myself a bargain and for a starter bike it has convinced me that electric bikes are going to be big in the not to distance future.If anybody can give me some advice on the battery problem it would be much appreciated
regards