Newbie looking for a BBS02 kit

Leewee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2018
Hi guys, bit of a noob here both to your forum and ebikes in general. I'm looking for a BBS02 kit, ive settled on this after deciding its better for hilly off road trails than a hub motor.

I've found a few kits, some places showing out of stock and no one seems to reply to me.
Eclipse ebikes; out of stock, not replying to my emails and cant find a phone number
ebike-sales; in stock on their site but theres a banner saying theyre closed until feb, does anyone know if that was feb 18, or feb 19? should i just order?

finally, pedalease https://pedalease.co.uk/index.php?rt=product/product&path=67_71&product_id=13172445
it looks like a bafang kit, apart from a different design on the motor housing. does anyone know what this kit is?

Finally, any recommendations on what screen i should be going for? ideally i'd like to be able to modify the software to try different settings and since it'll be used off road i dont want to be speed limited or be unable to use throttle only mode.

Any recommendations for stockists of the 750w bbs02 that have stock around the £400 mark?

Thanks in advance guys.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
hope you enjoy arrived quickly to no instructions how to fit in box but that's the same with most suppliers also no duty as from uk:D

Leewee

Aug 28, 2018
good price that for UK,

just make sure it`s the latest BBS02 B version.

all you need now is a nice 48v 17aH Battery
I called to ask, and they're unsure if it's the B version. I'll only be doing 5 mile runs so I'm going for a more compact 11ah battery for lower weight

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
If they don't know what they are selling, how good do you think their CS is going to be? Cheapest is not always the way to go.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Eclipse abit slow small online retailer lack of staff time but generally they are good, email only down side.

Pedalease avoid like the plague great initially to get the sale but afterwards is non existent for CS.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I called to ask, and they're unsure if it's the B version. I'll only be doing 5 mile runs so I'm going for a more compact 11ah battery for lower weight
Ask them to look at the motor label on the bottom it will say so or have a date code int the serial no.

Leewee

Aug 28, 2018
If they don't know what they are selling, how good do you think their CS is going to be? Cheapest is not always the way to go.
Well as it stands I'm not getting many replies from anyone to sell me the kit in the first place so I'm not expecting particularly good after sales off any of them ha!

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I have used maf twice both times ok one 350 watt and one 250watt they are no more risk than an unknown ebay purchaseo_O at least they have uk address its a retail shop I checked on google street view before I purchased :rolleyes: do not know about after sales or backup went on the price and used paypal

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For bbs and top draw CS buy from Woosh bikes in Southend.
IMHO they are #1 in the country for kits and spares back up with more coming online for the future.

• Agree
Reactions: peter.c

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I suspect they are just a box mover but a lot of the e bike parts suppliers that are just resellers and do not know what is in the box :( my recent dealings with several supposed uk stocked products have been a nightmare with long delivery times from china and the us but they do not say that when they take your money :mad:

Leewee

Aug 28, 2018
It`s stamped on the motor casing - not hard for them to check
ok ill ask them to check for me. now ive seen things about reprograming them to perform better will the B version be ok with that? they have different controllers dont they? i'd like to be able too get full throttle as well as pedal assist at varying levels but still be able to use the throttle when pas is turned on?

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
ok ill ask them to check for me. now ive seen things about reprograming them to perform better will the B version be ok with that?
Main difference is the recent `B` versions have the new updated transistors, less likely to fail under heat.
https://electricbike-blog.com/2016/07/12/bafang-completely-redesigns-the-bbs02-and-tells-no-one/

All versions 01, 02, HD etc respond to similar programming, have a read here --> https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Try Woosh, or Darren at Brightonebikes for good customer service.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Oh sorry, missed the high power bit, I was thinking more of good customer service.
There is also Em3ev in China for high power units.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
a quick way to check is does it have the 6volt light cable or gear cut off cable most 2017 versions do or the year of manufacture is in the serial number not many will be available for under £400 maf was the cheapest I found in the uk and had stock with china you risk vat and duty added to the price