Newbie to the forum

Sinth

Just Joined
Sep 23, 2018
hi guys

first of all , Hello to all !

I recently started commuting on the bike to work and started looking into thebbs02 with battery uk kits to fit my boardman comp hybrid.

Now the question is where can I get one fitted for the best price possible?

Thanks

Sinth

Tom Kerr

Just Joined
Oct 27, 2018
Coventry
I don't think just any shop would likely fit one for you. You'll probably need to either do it yourself by following a guide or finding someone who has experience (and the latter will defo be the cheapest option I'd imagine!)

The only kit I've ever seen installed was a cytronex kit which anyone with hands can do in about 30 minutes. It is a good option for commuting in my opinion given how light the total conversion is. I tried a cytronex bike at the NEC and was super impressed but didn't get a chance to try out Bafang on the test track. There is a bit of noise to Bafang too but probably goes away with the addition of road noise :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If near Southend, Woosh bikes will fit one for you.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Brighton Ebike also sell and provide a fitting service

Both woosh and Brighton Ebike provide great service in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If you are used to bike mechanics fitting one yourself is fairly easy. About 1/2 day for me to fit a Woosh front wheel kit to a tandem. A lot of that was unfamiliarity (which would also apply to you) ... I would probably be quite a bit quicker second time. If you buy from Woosh but aren't close they will provide plenty of advice. As suggested above, getting help/advice from a local who has done it before could be the best way.

p.s. if you buy from Woosh (and maybe from others) they provide it pretty much all ready connected up so that is one less thing to worry about.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
hi guys

first of all , Hello to all !

I recently started commuting on the bike to work and started looking into thebbs02 with battery uk kits to fit my boardman comp hybrid.

Now the question is where can I get one fitted for the best price possible?

Thanks

Sinth
As mentioned these kits r easy to fit.I made up both bbs01 and bbshd mountain bikes in a day.Its all obvious but u will need to get a few tools,cheap if shop around.These will be for removing the BB and tightening the lock rings.A shop may charge as much as the kit? Correct me on that anyone.You will find it easier than you think

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk