Newcastle Cycle Centre 15% Off Everything In Shop

Stephen Gray

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2014
Winlaton Mill 6 miles from Newcastle
Hello Everybody. I picked up an Electra bikes brochure free in "The Hub" Newcastle Quayside today. On the front is a voucher for 15% off everything IN STOCK currently at Newcastle Cycle Centre, Shields Road, Byker.

This does not apply to any items ordered in, only items in the shop now. The offer is for the whole of February.

A Trek Firefly 5 caught my eye, 19 inch frame 500 Wh battery, full price £2,1000 take off 15% not a bad deal ?
I need a smaller frame, so as it is not in stock I cannot benefit fro the offer.

Also saw one Gazelle step through in the shop.

A few Bromptons too, I assume are included, you would need to check.

I hope this is useful to somebody out there.

Steve Gray (Snipenose)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Hello Everybody. I picked up an Electra bikes brochure free in "The Hub" Newcastle Quayside today. On the front is a voucher for 15% off everything IN STOCK currently at Newcastle Cycle Centre, Shields Road, Byker

A Trek Firefly 5 caught my eye, 19 inch frame 500 Wh battery, full price £2,1000 take off 15% not a bad deal ?
I need a smaller frame, so as it is not in stock I cannot benefit fro the offer.
Also saw one Gazelle step through in the shop.
A few Bromptons too, I assume are included, you would need to check.

Steve Gray (Snipenose)
Even at 15% off £17850 is still stretching my budget a little

• :D
Reactions: IR772

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Stephen, good to hear from someone in N.E. I'm from Monkseaton, but lived in Kent last 25 years. Ive only seen one other person with a e-mtb down here, hope there more popular up there. Byker brings back memories, do they still have that big wall with flats in?

Stephen Gray

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2014
Winlaton Mill 6 miles from Newcastle
Hello Steve A.

Yes the Byker Wall is still there. Quite a success story I hear.

Byker now has 2 bike shops, Newcastle Cycle Centre and Edinburgh Bike Co -op. Both very friendly and helpful.

The big change is Newcastle and Gateshead Quayside. Now world class. River Tyne, Bridges, Baltic art gallery, The Sage and refurbished offices and warehouses. Have you seen this ?

Also the Coast to Coast and Hadrian's Cycle route pass along the riverside here.

Not many mountain e bikes here either. Lots of cars, poorly maintained cycleways and orgy of A1 spending. Also very high levels of obesity, no connection of course.

How do you like Kent ?

• Informative
Reactions: Andrew Ford

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Stephen,

Thanks for great summary. Would have loved to stay in North East i.e Whitley bay, as lived there till i was 21. Eighties recession drove me South for work.
I could go on about all the good times i had living there i.e night's out in the Big Market, lot's of friendly people and yes (culture) etc.
Any way, been living in South for years and kids brought up here. Kent is fine, but i alway's consider the North East home.
One big advantage living in Kent is access to continent. I'm 10 minutes from eurotunnel, 3.5 hours from Paris and 25 minutes on train to London. Saying all that i'd still prefer to get out on my bike!

Reactions: Andrew Ford