News: NEC Cycle Show: 22nd to 24th September

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Hall 12 is once again home to the Cycle Show’s e-bike village at the end of next week, with a number of exhibitors showing e-bikes on stands and in the demo ‘pit’ area, including Wisper, Shimano Steps, Juicy, Batribike, Wattitud, Momentum Electric and Panda eBikes to name just a few.

Full story: http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/news/nec-cycle-show-22nd-24th-september/

NEC links:
Cycle Show Floorplan
Visiting & Ticket information

Russ and I will be along on the Saturday and looking forward to it. Any forum members going on the Fri or over the weekend?

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Yes me and my wife are going on Friday, they say opposites attract I am a old knackered Engineer looking at ebikes, my wife is 8 years younger and a tri-athlete looking at carbon tri bikes................oh to have a decent pair of knees :)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
All very excited here, the new Wisper eMTBs have arrived. We will be keeping them under wraps until the show but all here are absolutely delighted with them.

Hope to see you on stand J131

Sneak preview!

IMG_8049.jpg

All the best, David

Last edited:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I'm in USA so can't go this year. Pity as I'm in the market for 2 new bikes.

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Morning all

We’re hoping to be able to do another ‘group review’ of a small number of e-bikes at the Cycle Show.

Those forum members that have been with us a while will remember we did this a few years back at Redbridge:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/electric-bike-reviews/group-review-heinzmann-pan-etr/

If there are any forum members already going to the NEC that would be happy to answer a handful of questions on email, having demoed 2-3 e-bikes (on whichever day you’re going), could you please PM me? I’ll organise some t-shirts for those that are willing to help us out with this as a small thank you.

The idea is that we’re all different and so with a handful of different people being asked the same questions on each bike, readers will likely get a balanced view from different perspectives.

The questions will be very similar to the above article, e.g.: what do you think of the e-bike’s looks, its build quality, what sort of person/use can you see the bike being best suited to – I’d just need a short para emailing back to me please and hopefully not much more than an hour or so of your time. I would let whichever manufacturer know when you'll be attending, so they know to expect you.

The e-bikes already lined up to try for this so far (& I’m hoping to find a third) are:

Wisper’s Wildcat Alloy

Batribike’s Omega

D8veh has already kindly said he’ll participate once again, so we just need a couple more volunteers.

Would anyone else be happy to take part please? Could you please PM me..

Thanks,
Helen

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Im going on the Saturday morning, but will only be able to stay for a couple of hours as I'm taking my son to the EGX exhibition in the halls next door, which starts at 11:30am. Hopefully I will have enough time to visit the Cube stand and ask a few questions about their 2018 eBikes.

Supermoto

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 19, 2017
UK
Hi,

I'm new here and looking to buy a bike. Is the show a good place to go to get a good deal/show price or just to check out a lot of different bikes in one place? I fly in from China late on Friday night but could be forced to drag myself out of bed if there's a bargain to be had!

Reactions: LeighPing

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Hi,

I'm new here and looking to buy a bike. Is the show a good place to go to get a good deal/show price or just to check out a lot of different bikes in one place? I fly in from China late on Friday night but could be forced to drag myself out of bed if there's a bargain to be had!
Im not sure, as I've never been before, but Im lead to believe its mainly for viewing the 2018 bikes, not purchasing.

Interestingly this email just went out to all eBike exhibitors :)

Dear Exhibitor,

Hope all is well and the preparation for the show is going well.

It is our responsibility to make sure that our visitors are getting the correct information at the show. We must all make sure that we are trading honestly and allowing our customers to make an informed decision.

If your product is not an Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycle (EAPC) according to the rules given at:

https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules

and in the official guidance documents attached then you must CLEARLY convey to potential customers that to be used legally on the public highway (on or off road) it must be registered, taxed, insured and ridden with motorbike driving licence and a motorcycle helmet.

Otherwise, you must CLEARLY state that it can only legally be used on private land to which the public do not have access, with the landowner's permission.

If you are exhibiting a "Twist and go" type EAPC then please bring evidence of type approval with you for us to examine on request.

If you have any questions on this then please don’t hesitate to ask, from our point of view we must make sure there is a level and fair playing field with the correct information presented.

Kind Regards,

Reactions: Wisper Bikes
i wonder what (who) inspired them to write that, Colin?
There was a meeting at the show last year, where all the brands who've had to stop selling thottle powered ebikes (not us - we don't make them or sell them, although I was there) discussed the moral responsibility of the show to ensure that the public weren't being mis sold things by the less responsible brands who in many cases didn't even know what laws they are supposed to be trading.

We're directly opposite one, so yes we had to listen to lie after lie for 4 days, so it does get a bit depressing. Its not a market we're going up against, but I felt for the brands who did make this style bike and have stopped them.

The email was put together in consultation with a few people in the industry and the Bicycle Association.

I think its pretty clearly good for everyone, isn't it?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
D

Deleted member 4366

I went today. The things that I found interesting were:

The new Continental system with the gears in the motor;
The Sinclair velomobile was there with grant Sinclair. i had a nice chat with him about his uncle and all the old Sinclair stuff.
A lightweight kit called Swytch, that would be perfect for a Bromton. In fact it looks the same what's fitted to the electric Bromton but at a quarter of the price.
The new Bosch motors were on the Bosch stand but the guys there were very stand-offish and didn't seem to want to talk about it even though it's the main feature of their stand.
They had Cytronex demonstrators there to try. They seemed a bit under-powered to mee compared with all the other e-bikes, but they're nice and light and smooth. I'm pretty sure that the motor is a Q100.

• Informative

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
The new Bosch motors were on the Bosch stand but the guys there were very stand-offish and didn't seem to want to talk about it even though it's the main feature of their stand.
Thats not good. Ive only got a couple of hours to spend there and was hoping to at least visit the Bosch stand to ask some questions.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
get the cx motor ;) dongle it you got s class motor plus ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A