Normal looking ebike bike???

Bobbilly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 28, 2017
West Midlands
Hi ppl

I'm after a ebike which is capable of going 30mph minimum, has a hidden battery pack and had a decent run time . I don't want to have to carry a backpack every time. Ebikes are new to me so I don't know where to look for on that meets my requirements
Thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With 30 mph capability and decent run time, the battery will have to be too large to be hidden.

There's an example you can look at but still with only up to a claimed 20 miles range at 15mph on this link

At 30mph the range will be far less. You'll notice they advise it's not suitable for road use, but that's only for legal reasons since the power assist limit on the road is 15.5 mph.

Last edited:

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Hi ppl

I'm after a ebike which is capable of going 30mph minimum, has a hidden battery pack and had a decent run time . I don't want to have to carry a backpack every time. Ebikes are new to me so I don't know where to look for on that meets my requirements
Thanks
http://stealthbikeuk.co.uk/b-52/

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks.

What about the ones that look like a water bottle they seem cool
Due to the size they are more limited in capacity though. Running on motor at 30mph or more really eats the current fast, possibly around 30Wh per mile. The larger one on this link (648 Wh) is about as big as you'll get in bottle format and might give you about 20 miles at full speed. It's not possible to be really accurate about range since it depends how much you help with the pedalling.

D

Deleted member 4366

We know what you want, but let's make it simple: You can't have it.

That Xipi bike that Flecc linked to is about as close as you can get, but they're not very reliable and it won't belong before you regret your purchase.

If you want 30 mph it's cheaper and better to get a petrol moped, even with the cost of tax and insurance.

Bicycles are OK up to about 24 mph.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hidden battery packs are rare, some bikes use a semi integrated down tube look. It is hard to make a stealthy looking bike that doesn't say ebike at an affordable sensible price.
24mph as said by d8veh is doable with a 48v kit which there aren't very many, so you have to source and build your own.
36v systems can assist 18- 20mph if you are a keen rider.
Bosch / Yamaha systems can be dongled for extra speed though batteries take a beating.
Otherwise for above 20mph an s- pedelec.
For legality only 26 or 48v 250w systems are allowed with 25kp/h cut off.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you want proper advice, you need to give us a lot more info about what you're trying to achieve. You can get any bicycle to do 100 mph for nothing. All you need to do is ride it off a cliff, but I guess that's not what you want.

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016