not sure if ive damaged moter or contoller?

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hello all last week I tried a steep local ,with panniers ,locks small amount of shopping went up at 12mph dropping to about 5mph before stopping in a driveway , quite pleased how bike went up hill.

bike Carrera subway one/tdz2 cd drive 36v torque sensor I believe its 60nm amps set to16 default
tried next day minus all the baggage and went up same hill but slowing to a snails pace before stopping .
I noticed a smell similar to (when an old corded drill gives up the ghost) did not notice any smoke
today a steepish hill its if the power suddenly faded away ,but I was going very slowly. another hill it seemed I harder than when previously climbed.
I went on and old route and found myself going up a hill that was much steeper than I thought it was had to stop for a oncoming large van.
and could not get going to steep to turn the pedals, and throttle not doing anything of note.
had to push ebike up hill for quite a few meters till terrain eased a bit legs killing me ,not something I want to repeat.

as controller is inside the moter housing is there anyway to tell if anything is damaged.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think you will have to open it to see.