Not your average pedelec

Jester - Trikeman

Just Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Bournemouth
Ok so I am going to get this out there from the beginning. I am not your average pedelec rider and my rides are not average either.

I got into cruiser/custom riding 3 years ago, I was not a bike rider in fact I have never been a bike rider and I'm still not - I'm a trike rider. I have attached a pic of my current ride I built it myself from parts bought from custom bike suppliers.

I started riding with a local club and found it great fun but the hills killed over weight me so I bought a second hand magic pie wheel and saw the immediate benefits until it shorted out... since then 2 more motor/wheels have come and died. after further investigation I have recently gone the mid drive route with a Bafang.

The Bafang is now installed and the shake down commences so I may indulge on the membership for guidance in any glitches or niggles I may find.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Get yourself a programming cable from Insat/Bga Reworking and and fine tune the Controllerif you only have the 250/350 BBS it will come to life even more.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Ok so I am going to get this out there from the beginning. I am not your average pedelec rider and my rides are not average either.

I got into cruiser/custom riding 3 years ago, I was not a bike rider in fact I have never been a bike rider and I'm still not - I'm a trike rider. I have attached a pic of my current ride I built it myself from parts bought from custom bike suppliers.

I started riding with a local club and found it great fun but the hills killed over weight me so I bought a second hand magic pie wheel and saw the immediate benefits until it shorted out... since then 2 more motor/wheels have come and died. after further investigation I have recently gone the mid drive route with a Bafang.

The Bafang is now installed and the shake down commences so I may indulge on the membership for guidance in any glitches or niggles I may find.
Nice and different for a change.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, different is good, the more variety and less "straight-jackets", the better.

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Best advice members will give you on here is to not labour the motor , keep it spinning on hills or controller will go boom!