Nyon software update April 2016

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Guys,

A new Nyon software update will be released shortly, which includes some new and interesting features for Nyon as well as for the app (eBike Connect) and the online portal (eBike-Connect.com). I have summarized all the updates into an overview for you here.

• Topographical residual range: The premium Nyon "Topo Range" function can be purchased using the smartphone app (for iOS and Android). This displays the residual range on Nyon, taking into account the topographical conditions and the selected level of support.
  • New dashboard: The most important riding data at a glance. A clearer dashboard layout is also available for the first time in the Nyon app.
  • Manual Sync button: The Sync button initiates synchronization between the Nyon, app and portal via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
  • Unfinished / unsynchronized activities: Unfinished and not yet synchronized activities are listed and highlighted accordingly in the list of user activities both in the app and in the portal.
  • Data transfer via "mobile data": The user determines whether map streaming or activity uploads are to be carried out via mobile data.
  • Shift recommendation: The Bosch eBike system detects when the rider is traveling in the optimal efficiency range and recommends shifting up or down as appropriate.
  • eShift integration in Nyon: The integrated electronic gear shifting solution is now also supported by Nyon.
Along with many software fixes and improvements.
Update should be available in the next week or so.

Enjoy!
Martin.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Is this update one its best to see what damage it can do before chancing it?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no its way to big and way to expensive @£450

better of with a iphone ;)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Does the satnav facility work off the bike and if so how long does the internal battery last ?
From what I gather about Nyon, getting any of it to work on the bike would be a step forward.

Reactions: Croxden

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Someone was admiring my Haibike today and was amazed it had a sat-nav. But when it switched to that screen, instead of showing where we were, it was still at home. It really is rubbish.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I've always thought that it sucks balls that you'd have to pay for a feature upgrade when you've already paid for the device in the first place.

If I had to pay for new feature when updating my Cycle Analyst firmware, I wouldn't be best pleased.

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
I've always thought that it sucks balls that you'd have to pay for a feature upgrade when you've already paid for the device in the first place.

If I had to pay for new feature when updating my Cycle Analyst firmware, I wouldn't be best pleased.
1. The updates are free.
2. Mine works perfectly well. I thoroughly read all the manuals and watched theYouTube vids etc so I knew exactly what to expect and exactly how to operate it.
3. Yes it's expensive but for those who want the Nyon features without having to resort to mounting their phones etc it's well worth the cost IMO.
4. It's certainly no bigger/bulkier/heavier than mounting your phone and in case of an accident I know which device I'd rather see broken and it's certainly not my iPhone!

As always, forums generally find the moaners! I'm delighted with mine and am very much looking forward to the update which will only make it an even better device.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
1. The updates are free.
2. Mine works perfectly well. I thoroughly read all the manuals and watched theYouTube vids etc so I knew exactly what to expect and exactly how to operate it.
3. Yes it's expensive but for those who want the Nyon features without having to resort to mounting their phones etc it's well worth the cost IMO.
4. It's certainly no bigger/bulkier/heavier than mounting your phone and in case of an accident I know which device I'd rather see broken and it's certainly not my iPhone!

As always, forums generally find the moaners! I'm delighted with mine and am very much looking forward to the update which will only make it an even better device.
Oooh, I bet it'll annoy you even more that I don't even own one :D

It's good to keep on top of what the market offers and I took the below to mean you have to pay for the added functionality, even though you'd likely already paid for the mapping data.

• Topographical residual range: The premium Nyon "Topo Range" function can be purchased using the smartphone app (for iOS and Android). This displays the residual range on Nyon, taking into account the topographical conditions and the selected level of support.

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
Oooh, I bet it'll annoy you even more that I don't even own one :D

It's good to keep on top of what the market offers and I took the below to mean you have to pay for the added functionality, even though you'd likely already paid for the mapping data.

Why on earth would I be annoyed?
Horses for courses fella!!

MCX

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 13, 2015
Still no Mp3 control or incoming text notifications? Or will these be a premium upgrade as well? :confused:

MCX

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 13, 2015
Bosch will also offer also a multi-functional E-Bike-board computer.The Bosch Nyon called device is e-bike control, GPS, and a fitness trainer in a and even takes on smartphone features.Thus read with him text messages from your smartphone directly on the e-bike or the music player of the mobile phone to be remotely operated.

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
I would like one but.....£400 is a lot for something that can't be used off the bike so I am considering a garmin Montana or similar

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Starting out on the Haibike this morning a message came on regarding the update.
I have downloaded it and now it is communicating with my computer again, hooray.

Tomorrow I'll see if I remain happy but so far no problems.