OK, let's get ready for winter..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
why you not using the nitecore charger?

asc99c

Pedelecer
May 1, 2015
What are those lights actually? And should bikes technically obey the same rules as car headlights? It's only just hit me that it is completely possible to strap 50k lumens of lighting onto the front of a bike, when I bet even the most antisocial BMW tops out at about 6k lumens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
The centre one is a cheap Chinese cree which is awesome. The other two are hope vision 1's
Bought on the mistaken assumption that the more you pay the brighter they are. They are good for road use as they have a dimmish option and can easily be tilted down. They are also powered by AA's ...

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

asc99c

Pedelecer
May 1, 2015
Wonder if they'd take 14500s. I've got a little tiny AAA torch modified to run on li ion. Pushes brightness from 120 lm up to 800 lm. Gets too hot to hold after about 5 mins, and the battery lasts 10 at full brightness. Pointless but awesome.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
The centre one is a cheap Chinese cree which is awesome. The other two are hope vision 1's
Bought on the mistaken assumption that the more you pay the brighter they are. They are good for road use as they have a dimmish option and can easily be tilted down. They are also powered by AA's ...
They were a bit pricy so don't want to risk blowing them up. The 2500 nimh bats that came with them do about 3 hours on full beam , they fit in 4's in a holder that just slots in and as I carry a spare it's a 10 second job to slot a new set in if they go flat. When the batts get low they auto switch to a low power strobing mode so you are not suddenly plunged into darknes

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Not sure where it is tbh.
ill swap the the cree x3 light i got for it if it turns up just pm me :) you got that thing yet ?

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ

Related Articles

Advertisers