Old knee saver

SuffolkGrey

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2018
suffolk
Hello all, I am recently (early) retired. After an exciting and hard working life my, genetically weak, knees are getting a rest, with 'pedal-assist'. A want/need to keep fit and active, but protecting my, already dodgy, knees prompted me to get a pedelec. Having considered a number of options, I went with a pedal assist mountain bike. I hate roads and traffic and love exploring. After many years of motorised trail riding, all over the world, the gentle back lanes of Suffolk now provide me with enough fun. The byways, UCRs and bridleways are gentle enough to provide sufficient adventure without too much pain. So far so enjoyable. Today, for instance, I did 26m of mixed going (astute map reading led to less than a mile of riding on tarmac with a white line down the middle) and I can still walk afterwards, result.
I have a Felt with a Bosch power unit. I found this site whilst looking for symptoms to problems with the Bosch 'bit'. I now have a brand new 'bit' under warranty, done without quibble by the supplier, Baines Racing at Silverstone. Excellent service, but a worry after just under 400m. My wife has a Freego, which looks very similar to my Felt, it cost half as much but weighs twice (at least) as much....which is good so far. You pays your money........
2016-02-08 08.58.29.jpg

Reactions: oyster