Opinions Please.....?

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
What an utter disappointment, decided to take the plunge and ordered my first ebike yesterday from Woosh, after waiting for the Sport CD to come back in stock and after being informed that they had some of the previous models in stock for an excellent price, gave my details and was over the moon that I'd be the owner of a brand spanking new bike by the end of the week.
Got a second call saying that it may take a few days for delivery, due to a backlog of orders, but that was fine, I didn't mind, thought at least they let me know.
Couldn't wait, decided to order the extras straight away, locks, accessories etc. Only to receive a call from them today, expecting to be told the delivery date, but no, they don't actually have the parts to complete my order and did I want to spend an extra £150 on the newer model or cancel the order altogether? So I cancelled and that's me back to square one again. Feeling pretty deflated and underwhelmed by Woosh.
im not surprised your feeling deflated I would be too. I think I will get mine from LEBC. Hope you get yourself sorted soon.

newboater

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
this is not just confined to the bike market ,when i worked in retail the customer was king . i am in the market for a new metal detector ,made some calls ,told the person you want is out of the office at the moment ,he will call you back , still waiting 2 weeks later ,am i just unlucky no, since christmas i have had parcels delivered late,and on 2 occasions not at all .enquired about more detectors this tuesday from 3 shops as of this morning only 1 replied. some people out there are trying hard ,but two many not trying at all

Reactions: Scott clarke

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
There is a difference between an incompetent retailer who cannot be bothered with your inquiry and genuine lack of supply.

The bike trade has always suffered from the latter, if not the former.

Buying stock for a bike shop is a risky - and therefore skilled - business.

Too little and you choke off sales.

Too much and you risk being left with bikes which then appear 'on clearance' elsewhere at less than you've paid.

Which is another point, there are no stocking plans in the bike trade as far as I am aware - all the stock you see is fully paid, which can come to a tidy sum for a small business.

The owner of my local bike shop estimates his stock as north of £75K, depending on the time of year.

Importers can help by holding stock centrally, but they also don't want to be stuck with lots of last year's bikes, which they then have to knock out cheap.

At one time the bike trade eased this problem by operating on a two-year model cycle.

That seems largely a thing of the past.

We live in a land of plenty, but meeting the customers' desire for the latest model brings its own challenges for the trade.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
in this case, alan103 wanted last year's model because it was much cheaper but woosh having run out of, failed to supply. The point was that he was told differently and kept waiting for a week for nothing. The excuse was that Hatti was on holiday when alan103 wanted to place the order.

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
Hi Alan,
We do have the original spec ones available actually, and they are cheaper than they were before at £699.00
If you want to go ahead, give us a call on 01702 435566 and we’ll sort one out for you.
Regards, Andy.
The original email from Woosh. If I was told there was no stock left that would have been fine but to take an order at an agreed price and then tell me they couldn't deliver, well that's not so good. I did offer to buy the newer model at £800, £45 less, which I thought would have been good business, due to the inconvenience in this instance, but no such luck.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I am sorry to hear a member being let down. Hatti is back from her break, I am sure she can offer you a solution. I gather that the problem with parts are down to not having the correct King Meter to go with the old (9AH) Sport CD while the 9AH battery is not strong enough to support the new 20A controller. The LCDs are programmed differently for different controllers, so you always need pairing LCD with controller. They can't pair a new King Meter with the old controller.

Last edited:

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
I am sorry to hear a member being let down. Hatti is back from her break, I am sure she can offer you a solution. I gather that the problem with parts are down to not having the correct King Meter to go with the old (9AH) Sport CD while the 9AH battery is not strong enough to support the new 20A controller. The LCDs are programmed differently for different controllers, so you always need pairing LCD with controller. They can't pair a new King Meter with the old controller.
Yeah, it was something to do with being supplied the wrong controller. Wouldn't the controller for the Sport TS be compatible?
I think it was Hatti I spoke to after initially ordering the bike to say it may take a few days for delivery. It's just frustrating after making the decision to go ahead with the order and being let down. Had my heart set on this bike for a while now and one of the major factors was their history of quality customer service, which for me hasn't lived up to expectations tbh.

Reactions: tapash

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the controller on the TS has Hall sensors, not on the CD motor. John Cade bought a 9AH CD last year (now denwyn still owns) and gave woosh a lot of constructive comments with regard to riding the Sport CD in Wales, which led to the upgrade to more climbing power which in turn requires stronger battery. Woosh work on very tight margins, they only give 10% discount to their favourite resellers. May be you asked Hatti for too much discount.

Last edited:

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
the controller on the TS has Hall sensors, not on the CD motor. John Cade bought a 9AH CD last year (now denwyn still owns) and gave woosh a lot of constructive comments with regard to riding the Sport CD in Wales, which led to the upgrade to more climbing power which in turn requires stronger battery. Woosh work on very tight margins, they only give 10% discount to their favourite resellers. May be you asked Hatti for too much discount.
It was Andrew at Woosh I dealt with and I never actually specifically asked for a discount but offered to buy the newer model at a lesser price to indicate that I was still interested in the bike but willing to negotiate a deal. Kinda expected some kind of goodwill gesture on their part and my offer was only a suggested starting point. After all a happy customer is always good for business.

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
I am sorry to hear a member being let down. Hatti is back from her break, I am sure she can offer you a solution.
Contacted Woosh again last night and received a call from Hatti this morning and she did indeed manage to offer me a solution and I've ordered the new spec Sport CD and hope to take delivery sometime next week. So thank you for your advice, very much appreciated

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
New bike arrived today woo hoo , took longer to unpack than to build but hey the battery was fully charged before I finished, so all good. Had an hour to kill and took it out for a spin, clocked up 6 miles and other than 1or2 niggles everything seems to be in working order, happy days.

Would like to thank everyone who contributed to this post for their sound advice and knowledge thus far, no doubt will be seeking more help in the near future, but for now CHEERS!!!!

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yay! Kudos Typhoon against Woosh Sport CD in a race - sounds excellent!
you guys should post your comparative reviews here.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I seem to remember another forum member trying to ride his bike on the canal. IIRC, it made his battery fizz a bit, until his bike gasped its last breath. I think it would be much better to stick to the tow-path.
I raced along the Tow paths from Bonnybridge to Linlithgow last week. I was racing the clock as I'd arranged to meet my wife at a cafe. I was up about 20mph in places. It's not for the feint hearted. I'll not be doing it again. :)

D

Deleted member 4366

Bonnybridge! That brings back memories. I used to go out with a girl from Denny when i was at uni. If you've been there all your life, you might know her mum and dad. Her mum was a headmistress at a school, possibly in Bonnybridge, and I think her dad was a teacher too somewhere. Their name was Davies. The only thing I can remember about Bonnybridge was the bank. It didn't have barriers between the tellers and the customers and there were piles of pound notes and fivers sitting on tables behind the tellers. I often used to dream of reaching across and helping myself.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Bonnybridge! That brings back memories. I used to go out with a girl from Denny when i was at uni. If you've been there all your life, you might know her mum and dad. Her mum was a headmistress at a school, possibly in Bonnybridge, and I think her dad was a teacher too somewhere. Their name was Davies. The only thing I can remember about Bonnybridge was the bank. It didn't have barriers between the tellers and the customers and there were piles of pound notes and fivers sitting on tables behind the tellers. I often used to dream of reaching across and helping myself.
I don't live in Bonnybridge, I had just cycled out that way for a change. Strangely though, I married a girl from Denny 36 years ago. She's making me a cup of tea as we speak.
I live on the other side of Falkirk and had gone the opposite direction of the cafe where I was meeting my wife. Hence the mad dash along the canals. :)