Overclockers Dream

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

friendly1uk

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2013
A barely on topic for sale add follows:

and where to buy spokes and rim?
I have just popped in to offer some. I think I would rather use the donor bikes rim, than the bmsb rims I got last year, and the spokes I ordered about 3 weeks ago. Most important thing here is I can't guarantee 210mm was the correct spoke length to order. They are not here yet. But a tenner sounds like a nice round number. Plus P&P with whoever you choose.

Obviously cwah comes first, then the offers open to anyone on the thread.

The parts seemed a little to niche for a general 'for sale' add. Like other rims and spokes I have... It's just clutter really. Though I might have to use this stuff if I can't fund more spokes from the sale :)

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
The motor contains a fifth 3 wired device hidden under the speed sensor and its output wire is commoned to the output of the speed sensors output - I assume this is a thermal cutout device, so if you use the speed sensor wire on a controller expect the motor to switch off automatically if it overheats.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's even better. I guess it shorts out the speed signal then. That's even better. It's a shame they didn't provide a separate wire for it.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
I expect it does that. If unused make sure the wire end is capped off as it will be live from the motor.

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Hi Folks

Just noticed that chain reaction had sold out of the hubs ,
The folding e-shopper is now converted and it goes ( oh does it go )
Currently fitted with 36v sla bateries running a 500w controller " pedel less " and throttle and 20" wheels will post a photo etc on the introduction part of the forum weighs under 60lbs

.It does 20 mph ( on a shopper :rolleyes: !!!!! )

We have just fitted long brake pads to help it stop ( or should that be shop )

Just tried it in the wet :eek: and it spun the front wheel on a hill :oops:
this is not a bike to mess with o_O

Regards emma

friendly1uk

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2013
cwah didn't actually buy a motor, so the rim and spokes are available if anyone wants them. Presuming they fit of course. You just never know till they are in.

If there is any interest please drop me a pm.

friendly1uk

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2013
No need to cut the connector off - buy a 9 way motor replacement cable and some gold female bullet connectors the right diameter - solder and heatshrink sleeve them to the other end of the male cable that usually goes inside the motor then plug them into the existing connector then seal it with glue.
Hello. Did you source these in the UK ? I'm having a lot of bother finding 3mm females. I found just a few banana's being called bullets. I have not even started with the 0.8mm one's yet.

I use a few international forums, and it seems the Americans call banana's bullets. Which is really fudging my search results. The difference being, of course, that a bullet is a hard male part, and the female gives a bit to accommodate it. While banana's are generally longer, and it is the male part that has some give in it. So what I found would be a sloppy fit.

Thank you for any help you may offer, and for your work so far.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hello. Did you source these in the UK ? I'm having a lot of bother finding 3mm females. I found just a few banana's being called bullets. I have not even started with the 0.8mm one's yet.

I use a few international forums, and it seems the Americans call banana's bullets. Which is really fudging my search results. The difference being, of course, that a bullet is a hard male part, and the female gives a bit to accommodate it. While banana's are generally longer, and it is the male part that has some give in it. So what I found would be a sloppy fit.

Thank you for any help you may offer, and for your work so far.

Search ebay for "gold bullet connectors" - they are used in RC modelling.

the 0.8mm dia ones need to be lightly tinned with solder down the length of the pin to achieve a tight fit as they are not spring compression types.

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__8878__0_8mm_Gold_Connectors_12_pairs_24pc_.html

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131106907770?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

friendly1uk

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2013
Thank you for your 999 service Shemozzle. I also saw them and wrote to the seller for the 3mm one's. It seems all the 3mm one's are banana's though. I think I will go ahead and chop the plug off. Thank you for your speedy response though. I was holding off till I heard back.

Richard