Oxydrive CST HT - Motor not turning

RokitL

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2016
uk
Hi all,

I have an Oxydrive CST kit that I bought off of the classifieds section from here.

It was working fine, then I removed the kit from the bike so that I could do a time comparison for the same journeys without the kit.

However, when I reassembled the kit, the motor would no longer turn when pushing the throttle. The battery has full charge, I've double checked all cables and connections, and the lcd turns on and is fully functioning - its just the motor that is unresponsive.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 4366

You didn't push the motor connector in far enough?

RokitL

Oct 30, 2016
uk
Hi

Thanks for the quick responce and sorry for the late reply!

Unfortunetly that didnt work - I pushed the motor connector in as far as I could and still no luck.

Could it be that there is something physically wrong with something related to the motor?

D

Deleted member 4366

Have you tried both the throttle and PAS?
Are you trying to make it go on level zero, which gives no power?
Did you pull the cable-ties too tight so that they damaged the wire/s?
Did you nick the motor cable where it comes out of the axle?
Did you try and connect the LCD with the battery switched on?

One other fault that I've seen. If you pull the wires that exit the controller box too hard, it's possible to dislodge one of the connectors inside the box, so have a look in there. I've seen the whole connector pulled out and a single pin pulled enough out of the connector to make it lose contact, so check where the wires come out of the connectors.

Reactions: topographer

RokitL

Oct 30, 2016
uk
Hi d8veh, thanks for the comprehensive feedback:

I think you hit the nail on the head with that last point as I just opened up the controller box and pushed down on all the connectors and its worknig again! :D

Thanks a lot for your help d8veh!

Advertisers