Oxydrive kits

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks for the different options for fitting the PAS. I'm going to try attaching to the granny ring so it's out the way. My sensor is the stick on version so hopefully I won't need to remove the crank.
Been trying to install the rear hub in the mean time which has turned out trickier than first thought. Initially when I begun turning the pedal the axel would come out of the drop outs. I think I fixed this by placing an extra washer on the axel behind a threaded washer in the cassette so the cassette wasn't rubbing against the bike frame? Another niggle I had was working out what was preventing the rear wheel from spinning smoothly. Initially I thought the breaks but turned out to be a nut which I needed to loosen by the disk. I've attached Pictures so hopefully someone will be able to let me know if what I've done looks okay.

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Made some progress with my build finally...slowly but surely. Battery fits nicely and seems sturdy, lcd fitted and working including the throttle. Went down the street and reached 20mph without pedalling quite quickly on the throttle so pretty chuffed considering I'm used to riding a 1000w ebike. Really impressed by how quiet the motor is too.

Next job is to get the pedal assist working. Currently I have hollowed the PAS and it seems to attach to the granny ring by magnetic force alone. The stick on sensor is a challenge to get positioned tho. I've realised they are intended for the non drive side. Is there a supplier for the pedal sensor that goes over the crank? I've asked oxydrive but realise they are very busy so considering purchasing one if cheap and quick delivery.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

Don't forget to test it to Ser which way it works before installing it!

Reactions: brit151

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Picture of the bike assembled. Very happy with the overall look and performance of the kit. Taken a while to get it on the road but that's part and parcel of having a 6 month old.

Still waiting for a reply about the pedal sensor for the crank side from Andrew. Currently using it to commute on the throttle. bike maintains a nice avg 20 mph then jumps to 23 occasionally when I pedal a bit harder. I get what sounds like the frame vibrating and the odd funny tinny noises coming from the battery area when picking up speed on the throttle. Seems to go away once it's warmed up. Might have another fiddle with the axel and washer placements as I think the disc is rubbing on the break pad slightly.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

I've just been speaking to Andrew. He's away from home at the moment, which is why he couldn't post your PAS. he'll post it on Monday.

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Just trying to install the PAS. I've removed one side using an 8mm hex. Can't seem to pull the other end of the crank out. Hit it a few times with a rubber mallet but to luck. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Informative

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Relealised I have a 3 piece crank and there are more screws on the drive side crank holding the crank and chain rings together. Does anyone know the correct bb remove tool?

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks fairly standard to me, on the non drive side undo the black lock ring outer bearing/ nut with castellated edge, take the chain off the chain ring and the whole unit with chain rings and crank arm should slide out from the drive side as one along with the fixed shaft.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

I don't think it's going to work. You might be able to use a conventional PAS sensor that fits behind the bearing-holder, then cut the middle out of the magnet disc and glue the rest to the inner chain-ring - something like this:

Swap the sensor to the other side of the bracket so that it reaches forward instead of back:

Or you can make your own bracket for the sensor and mount it however you like:

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Hi the noise my bike makes has gotten worse. Sounds like it's coming from the controller but it's difficult to tell as it only makes it when I'm sat on the bike. Occurs when accelerating then goes away at top speed. Still just using the throttle. Couldn't upload the video on here so made a YouTube link

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
PAS finally fitted :) I ended up contacting suntour who told me I needed a TL-FC32 shimano hollowtech 2 bb removal tool and to just remove the black lock ring with a set of pliers. In order to fit the ring sensor I had to remove the small chain ring which I've found is pretty useless on this bike anyway. Unfortunately the PAS doesn't magnetise to the larger chain ring like it did the small so have used some mini cable ties for now but will get hold of some glue or screw it in to the holes left by screws that attached the small chain ring.

Pretty sure it's the controller making the annoying noise. Checked all the cables. Tightened the axel but it still persists at each PAS setting.

Interestingly while playing around with the LCD settings I discovered a PAS level 7. Don't know how I managed to select it but I didn't notice it being any faster. When I lowered the PAS I couldn't get it back so never got to test it out fully!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That doesn't sound right Brit, mine sounds a bit growly sometimes but your noise is more of a resonating noise, sounds like the phase out of cinque or a bad connection. Double check the motor wheel connection other wise contact Andrew and ask him to listen to the clip.

brit151

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Had another go with tightening up the axel a bit more and readjusted the breaks today and voila the noise has disappeared. So chuffed. The bike is a joy to ride. Thank you everyone that has helped.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My error 02 showed up again :( yesterday during my 64 mile partly very damp ride then I had 07 motor stall occur, after a reset 02 reoccurred with a power conflict that required the use of the brake cut off to prevent the bike surging without my command o_O .
Following a drier spell the fault cleared and later on all systems were back to normal :).
Back home I checked pas sensor and all the flexi sealant appeared to be in place , next was dismantle the throttle and check but again all inside appeared god and dry.

This morning whilst removing the controller for a look in to changing it over to a KT , I had to disconnect the multi pin harness cable from the lcd and inside the connector I found the likely cause of my issues. Evident was the tell tale sign of a green stain patch from one of the copper pin outs at the bottom and on the side of male harness connector where moisture/rain droplets have been getting in and settling , so looks as if the conflict/ shorting of the electrics has been occurring here. Stupidly I didn't check the pin out as to whether it was the 5v or throttle pin as I had by then gunked in some non conductive grease to hopefully resist future issues. The connector isn't 100% water proof so I will probably put a wrap or three of amalgamating tape around until I retro fit the controller and wiring.

Last edited:
  • Informative

silles

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2015
Hi,

I have the OXYDrive F-series 13Ah conversion kit
when I turn on the battery the lcd start flashing and acting up.
it keeps rebooting and display invalid battery voltage, like 18V.
See this short video:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cQkypaAU3PNB6GHi2

I checked all the cables are tight and connected. A voltage meters shows stable 38V on battery. I tried to disconnect the motor and it was still flashing.
I guess this leaves with 3 things: controller, lcd or something else.

likes like the controller is out of stock, does anyone know where to get it from other thab oxydrive.co.uk?

Anyone?

D

Deleted member 4366

I'd take a wild guess at the battery connectors being eroded. Have a look at both sides.

silles

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2015
I'd take a wild guess at the battery connectors being eroded. Have a look at both sides.
All connectors are good as new ... removed the controller and it was slit in half :(

Does anyone know where can i buy a new one?