Oxygen Bikes

2Lazy

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2013
Milton Keynes
I had a look at their previous MTB model when I was looking for my hub motored bike a couple of years ago. They are by all accounts a well established and trusted brand. I had two test rides on the previous Oxygen MTB and it seemed like a really good bike, easily the best hub motor MTB that I tried. I believe they use the more powerful (but still legal) 8fun motor and I'm not sure if it's the case on the latest model but certainly the previous model could easily be derestricted with a few button pushes on the LCD panel.

If you can I'd recommend a visit to South Yorkshire Electric Bike Centre http://www.syebc.co.uk/ - they own the Oxygen brand and as such you may get a better deal buying direct from them. They're also really nice people, the owner gave me a tour of their warehouse facility, told me all about the how the bikes are produced and as it was near shutting up time on a Friday even invited me for beer afterwards!

D

Deleted member 4366

Take a trip up there. I'm pretty sure that you'll save at least the cost of your petrol. The Oxygens are my favourite bikes in that price range, especially the MTB. They handle very well, they're very sure-footed and the brakes on the MTB are perfect. Best of all, they can be adjusted to go pretty fast, if that's your thing.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
When my older brother had a go on mine a couple of weeks ago. And he's no cyclist. He said it feels really solid.like a motorbike .

I can only compare it with my falcon hybrid. But once I thought about it. I realised. When I get on the falcon it's obviously thinner and lighter. But also wobbles more . Feels much more like I'm so one that really shouldn't be on it at all . Whereas , it's true , the oxygen is very solid , no rattles,no wobbling. more like my old Yamaha dt50 than a pushbike.