Oxygen eMate Power Issue

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
So, I'm riding along and the power cuts in and out gradually. On most of the time, it then slowly subsides and returns, so it's not a quick on/off thing.

The bike is very grubby, so I'm going to give the PAS sensor magnets and pick up a good clean, but is there anything else that could be causing this?

I'm on Eco setting, level 6 and the battery is fully charged, if that helps...

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to tell/show us which bike it is. there's loads of different Emates.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Last edited:

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Still persisting. Very strange.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Warwick, check the PAS disc. If you pick up a lot of mud, it can loosen the PAS disc. Just make sure that the disc does not rub against anything. Also a bit of grease on the pedelec sensor where the cable joins with the head can help to protect it against water ingress.

D

Deleted member 4366

Look into the battery terminals to see if they're damaged/dirty. If you connect the battery when it's switched on, the arcing can damage the terminals, which then leads to contact problems.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Thanks. I charge up the battry in-situ, so I don't think it's that, but I'll check the terminals. I'm going to give the bike a very good clean on Friday and take a look at all the obvious electrical connections. A squirt of grease can't do any harm.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Closely look a the pas sensor and wiring entry, if you have ridden in the rain recently or moisture has got in the sensor then as D8veh mentioned to me in another thread it may cause an issue with the 5v line causing intermittent power.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Right, it's had a decent clean today. The drivetrain in particular was clogged up with grunge. Luckily, I had my new cleaning brush with lots of noon & cranny cleaning bits.

I sprayed some WD40 on all the wiring joints, except I forgot to look at the PAS sensor! I'll take a look at that on Sunday. The most vulnerable joint is where the wiring emerges from the downtube and goes round the bottom bracket. That will get loads of water, mud & crud thrown at it, so I checked that one carefully and gave it a good spray.

Fingers crossed that does the trick.

Advertisers