Oxygen eMate Speed sensdor switch

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
My Oxygen has an intermittent power fault that I'm hoping I've cured.

When cleaning the bike I noticed that the current sensor fitted is the usual disc with magnets and a sensor stuck on the drive side of the bottom bracket. The disc is slightly out of true and the magnets aren't all the same distance from the sensor as the disc rotates. At the closest point the gap is probably 0.5mm & at the furthest 2-3mm. I don't think this is the cause of the power issue, as it is an intermittent fault and this would be a constant problem.

I do, however, have a Kunteng sensor left over from a conversion I did on another bike. It's an enclosed sensor and there is just about room on the axle for it to be fitted to the non-drive side of the axle.

My question is whether PAS electrical connectors are standard and if this would be a simple swap without any further mods needed?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Connection wise it will either be a Higo/juiliet type or a sm3, if you have the wrong connector cut and solder will be necessary.

D

Deleted member 4366

there's three wires on each. you only have to join them in the correct sequence. I've a feeling the Oxygen colours are non-standard. I'll have a look later.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Hmm, if it's not the same connector I'll leave well alone. The joint is in a very vulnerable position and gets a lot of crud thrown at it. Although my soldering skills are up to the job, I'm not sure I'd trust heat shrink to be up to the job of keeping out the stuff thrown at it.

I'll dig it out and compare the connectors.

My main question was whether I could just connect it up to the wiring and expect it to do the job without any other changes to the controls.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Get some glued heat shrink to be sure of keeping the elements out or once heat shrunk put a wrap of amalgamating tape around the joint.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Advertisers