oxygen setting help

wordy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 9, 2017
Well hello there , i posted yesterday but i think i mislead you with oxygen full power ( apology ) when i bought the bike i was told that it could be de restricted for off road to give power assistance above the legal road limit by using the bikes display setting's , now being a bit technophobic i wondered if you could help me out as the last technology i had on a bike was a dynamo ( good old days ) and havent got a clue how to do it , any help would be helpful as my knees just wont do what they used to do 40 years ago and i would love to pass some licra boys smoking my pipe , heres hoping

D

Deleted member 4366

We need to know exactly which one it is. 13 Ah MTB is not enough.

wordy

Mar 9, 2017
We need to know exactly which one it is. 13 Ah MTB is not enough.
Ah not too good at the information technique, its the e mate mtb , sorry about that but any information would be appreciated

D

Deleted member 4366

Give us a link or a picture if you want the right help.

D

Deleted member 4366

Right, now we know which you have. Yes, like many bikes, it can be derestricted with secret settings in the LCD. Round about 28 mph should be achievable in the right conditions, which turns it into a very fast commuter. The lycra boys won't stand a chance unless it's a long downhill. I remember going down a very long medium hill on the same bike at about 28 mph on full throttle, pedalling hard into a slight breeze and one came past me free-wheeling. He then tucked in behind a bus that overtook him and he went up to about 45 mph and disappeared over the horizon. So, make sure you pick your battle-grounds wisely.

wordy

Mar 9, 2017
Right, now we know which you have. Yes, like many bikes, it can be derestricted with secret settings in the LCD. Round about 28 mph should be achievable in the right conditions, which turns it into a very fast commuter. The lycra boys won't stand a chance unless it's a long downhill. I remember going down a very long medium hill on the same bike at about 28 mph on full throttle, pedalling hard into a slight breeze and one came past me free-wheeling. He then tucked in behind a bus that overtook him and he went up to about 45 mph and disappeared over the horizon. So, make sure you pick your battle-grounds wisely.
Just back from a good ride thanks for the reply but any idea how to set the secret settings because as the phrase secret settings implies they are secret and as such not open to the general public wich i am a member , any info or links would put a big smile on my face , oh i only got called a cheat by one professional rider today , think he was upset riding uphill

D

Deleted member 4366

I know the secret, but I ride a road bike now. and I'd hate it if you overtook me on a MTB. That would make a vital part of my body shrink, so I have to keep the secret. Bad luck!

wordy

Mar 9, 2017
I know the secret, but I ride a road bike now. and I'd hate it if you overtook me on a MTB. That would make a vital part of my body shrink, so I have to keep the secret. Bad luck!
Thanks for your help been out today , only took me a hour to figure the settings but what a blast , forgot about battery life and rode the last mile without power on schwalbe dont even think about it tyres and slightly buckled my wheel but will be back out when i get my bike back from the repair shop , great fun but sensible riding from now on , cheers

wordy

Mar 9, 2017
Hi wordy. Did you get more power. Or just a later cutoff of power?
Got later cut off but could go through the gears easier so you get to a level where you can ride unassisted quicker , dont realy know about the speed as i reached tree roots and other obstacles a bit quicker than i usually do and at my age i should know better ,, great fun tho

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Thanks for your help been out today , only took me a hour to figure the settings but what a blast , forgot about battery life and rode the last mile without power on schwalbe dont even think about it tyres and slightly buckled my wheel but will be back out when i get my bike back from the repair shop , great fun but sensible riding from now on , cheers
Look out D8veh may put a price on you now.:eek:

Advertisers