Padding between 12v 15ah AMG batteries . Necessary or not?

Jimmy1234567

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 20, 2017
I am building a box to contain four 12v 15ah AMG batteries to power a small kids motorbike (48v altogether). Space is tight and I would ideally like to fit the batteries side by side flush up against each other with no movement. Should this be OK or is it absolutely necessary to have some padding between each one.
Someone might suggest using a lithium battery but for a number of reasons I have chosen to use the AMG's.
Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 4366

Probably means AGM (absorbent glass mat), but I suspect you already knew that really....
That's AGM. He said AMG.

It's like these guys that come along and say, "I've got a YDF7/4F controller. Does the blue wire go to the positive or negative battery?" as if anybody would know. If anybody has such questions, show us a 'kin picture so that we can see what you have.

Jimmy1234567

Sep 20, 2017
I guess that, like me, nobody knows what am AMG battery is.[/QU

Maybe that's it ! AGM means absorbent glass mat. Similar to a normal lead acid battery but can be put in any orientation because of its makeup as there is no liquid. Now everyone knows, any ideas ? Thanks

Jimmy1234567

Sep 20, 2017
That's AGM. He said AMG.

It's like these guys that come along and say, "I've got a YDF7/4F controller. Does the blue wire go to the positive or negative battery?" as if anybody would know. If anybody has such questions, show us a 'kin picture so that we can see what you have.
That's AGM. He said AMG.

It was a simple "spelling error." For god's sake get off your high horse and if you have any advice give it and it will be gratefully taken on board otherwise leave it to other people .

D

Deleted member 4366

It was a simple "spelling error." For god's sake get off your high horse and if you have any advice give it and it will be gratefully taken on board otherwise leave it to other people .
I'll stay on my high horse, thanks. I like the view from up here.

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

Advertisers