Panda kits. Users opinions.

rich_r

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2017
North Yorkshire
Been very happy with my Panda 250W Pro kit. Controller, PAS and display are Kunteng (LCD3 on mine), motor is Xiongda I think (probably YTW03, but there's nothing useful printed on it). All fairly standard reasonably good quality Chinese parts. I chose to source my battery elsewhere though.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Got a Panda eco front hub, but had battery built by insat. Kit is good enough, plug and play, all working first time out of the box. Frame bag supplied for excess cable. Left side two part pas disc, so no need to remove crank arm.
On max power gives an easy 16-17mph in a 700c wheel. Power cuts off smoothly at about 18 mph and comes back in equally smoothly. Being a higher speed motor it is not too happy on hills. Starts to get a bit noisy below 9mph, turning real growly at about 7mph. Otherwise smooth and quiet on pas or throttle.
Two small criticisms are:
The two part pas disc does not grip the pedal shaft very well, causing intermittant assist. I had to modify it to better grip the shaft, no problems since.
I found the conroller case too tight and the pressure of cables inside caused the lid threads to strip. Replaced it with a standard abs box from an electronics firm and mounted it on the rack.
Overall a good light weight kit, would suite a quick commuter.

This is the kit with the original controller box:
DSCF3026.JPG

D

Deleted member 4366

If you'd sent that frame bag to Jimmy, he would have made a battery to fit in it.

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
Thanks for the replies. If it doesn't like hills it won't be happy round here. Any feedback on the 500w motor, climbing ability, weight & range etc.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks for the replies. If it doesn't like hills it won't be happy round here. Any feedback on the 500w motor, climbing ability, weight & range etc.
Ideally you need to contact Panda and ask them the motor rpm to decide if it will do what you require.

D

Deleted member 4366

I's keep away from the 500w direct drive motor. It's very heavy and not pleasant to pedal without motor power. Also, it's not as good as many 250w motors for hill-climbing, though it's good if your journeys are flat and you want to cruise at 20 mph or a bit more.

D

Deleted member 4366

OK, the 500W geared motor is from Xofo so should be as good as any, with lots of torque.

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
I've got a panda 250w pro 36V with a 10Ah PAK Battery then replaced with a 7.8Ah LG Cells Rack Battery but both only run for about 1mile. Apart from that every thing is fine, good cables which are also waterproof nice geared hub and the display is great.

Last edited:

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
Hi all, My display was set to 48v, I now get full battery displayed from the 7.8ah battery, but can still drain it within 6-7milles of 50:50 open road and city cycling. I constantly increase or reduce power so there is only a drain of around 200 - 300 watts added to my leg power.