Panniers on this?

Euphony

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2017
Scotland
Hi,
I wonder if I can put panniers on this bike, I've just bought it, used, and it has a rack but the battery is on one side and the case for the charger on the other. Is it safe to cover the batter with a pannier?
Thanks in advance.
IMG_0649.JPG

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, these were originally sold in the Netherlands in both one and two battery versions, and were intended to have panniers mounted as well. And the Dutch invariably did that.

Reactions: Euphony

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
a small trailer would be more versatile for your needs i should of thought and also a lot more safer for you save being unbalanced on one side

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
a small trailer would be more versatile for your needs i should of thought and also a lot more safer for you save being unbalanced on one side
Euphony's bike takes panniers on both sides. It's designed to do that in addition to the slim battery and charger cases, so no need to be unbalanced.

Euphony

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2017
Scotland
Thanks for the response but I'm talking about carrying a carton of milk and some rolls or a few odds and ends from the nearest town back to my motorhome when we're touring, that's the only time panniers would be used. A trailer might be a tad excessive.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hi,
I wonder if I can put panniers on this bike, I've just bought it, used, and it has a rack but the battery is on one side and the case for the charger on the other. Is it safe to cover the batter with a pannier?
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 19855
Yes, that is why it has a pannier rack :)

• :D

Advertisers