PAS cuts out, throttle propulsion fine

mbitz

Just Joined
Jul 25, 2023
Hey there!
I have a Motorino CTe (which is sadly discontinued and has no manuals online!) and recently the PAS propulsion has been cutting in and out (on various levels of assist). Throttle propulsion is fine, so it's not the motor.
I've watched various YouTube videos on how to clean the sensor, but I can't even locate mine! Attached is a photo of the bottom bracket. It should have some form of crank rotating sensor but I can't see a magnet ring or anything. Any ideas as to where the sensor could be?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Are you sure it's a CTe? Pictures of the CTe show a beach cruiser with different frame and wiring arrangement. Show a picture of the bike.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Could be a CTf or a CTb... here's a photo
That's a CTb. It has a torque sensor. The cable probably comes out of the back of the bottom bracket or it goes up inside the frame to the controller. Check that the cable isn't damaged and that the connector is OK.

Last edited:

mbitz

Just Joined
Jul 25, 2023
You were right! It is a torque sensor, and oddly enough it is located by the rear wheel hub instead of the more common bottom bracket/pedal shaft. The local mech says it needs a sensor replacement and I'm having a hard time sourcing one. Looks like the CTb is discontinued here (Canada). Is it more readily available in the UK? If I can't source it here, I wonder if I can convert the whole thing to a different system altogether instead of having to buy a new ebike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Mbitz you can convert the bike to any control system , it just means replacing the existing Torque system so controller, display and torque sensor to new ones . The motor shoul dbe pretty standard show us a pic of the motor cable connector and how many pin sit has 8 or 9 hopefully.

KT Kuenteng are the best after market system to upgrade to , you would need a new controller . paired display /lcd and a bottom bracket cadence sensor. For your bike a two part cadence sensor comprising of magnet disc and wired sensor is ideal and more relaible then the all in one KT V12 models.

Advertisers