Pedal assist speed control

Doug Gibb

Just Joined
Aug 22, 2018
Hi, I have bought a second hand electric bike. The PAS comes on at full throttle or not at all whereas a couple of days ago it was graduated. The PAS magnet wheel had been damaged I glued it together is situ. My query is, does the PAS come on quicker when it sees fewer magnets, ie is my sensor perhaps not picking up every magnet passing.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Hi, I have bought a second hand electric bike. The PAS comes on at full throttle or not at all whereas a couple of days ago it was graduated. The PAS magnet wheel had been damaged I glued it together is situ. My query is, does the PAS come on quicker when it sees fewer magnets, ie is my sensor perhaps not picking up every magnet passing.
These basic sensors don't typically give varied input other than assist level set on the display. If it cuts in and out under use then that would indicate a problem. In my case simply the disk wasn't close enough to the sensor. If there are magnets passing it nice and close it should work, if it's a little further away maybe the glue is coating one of the magnets weakening its "signal"

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Doug Gibb

Just Joined
Aug 22, 2018
These basic sensors don't typically give varied input other than assist level set on the display. If it cuts in and out under use then that would indicate a problem. In my case simply the disk wasn't close enough to the sensor. If there are magnets passing it nice and close it should work, if it's a little further away maybe the glue is coating one of the magnets weakening its "signal"
Thanks. That is helpful. my sensor kick in correctly but too strongly. I should look at my assist level rather than my sensor.