Pedelecs - Read Terms and Conditions of Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
The bikes are fitted with cups and bearing bottom brackets not Shimano. The dealer suggested fitting a Shimano cartridge bearing for £42. I did NOT expect an upgrade from Kudos but felt they did not live up to the 'top quality' and 'Shimano gearing' billing.
Cup and bearing brackets the quality is entirely in the servicing, if you don't service them then they get loose/dirty/ect and that causes issues. The upgrade to a sealed unit is a polite way of doing it instead of just telling you straight that you don't look after your bike(s).

I'm going to take a guess that it's £42 as they are ordering the most expensive thing they could get to make sure you won't come back again saying it's inferior to some parts you imagined.

BrianC

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2013
instead of blaming kudos, you could have blamed the dealer.
For what? The dealer was only upset with me because I had got the bikes from Kudos for £350 less than he was advertising. He gave me the Kudos brochure with the 'top quality' specifications.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
You dealer should really have toned down your expectations of Chinese made bikes when he proposed selling the bike to you and later, when you come to him for replacing the PAS disc.

'top quality' should be taken as 'top quality in its class', or 'top quality in comparison to similarly priced e-bikes' from other suppliers. I guess the difference in price represents the shop margin.

You paid £650 for the bike, the electrics costs about £450, the mechanical bike about £200.
A low cost BB is the consequence of the low budget.
The BB you have is totally serviceable, it needs a bit of grease to stop sand and dirt getting inside and a simple push/pull check every 500 miles - 1 minute of work or less; if tightening is needed, 5 minutes. The ball bearings will last as long as they do, depending on your pedalling but won't wear out for 10,000 miles.

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
'A fool and his money are soon parted' - so READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ANY WARRANTY
Brian,

Have you received your invitation to the Kudos Christmas party yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.