Pet hates?

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
*Drivers coming close when I have a hi-viz on "Always shake my head "cannot you not see"
*Hate repeating myself to someone
*Hate users
* Hate Two faced people
* Hate bullies "Lower then a snake belly"
* When people ask your for advice and you give advice and then take no notice of what you are saying at all and do something completely the opposite to what you have said and then they ask can you help me with this "what is the point in asking in the first place"

*Hate it when people don't return favours when you have do something for them and they won't go out their way for you and at the time saying they would do anything for you if you need anything they come up with nothing at all.

Hate people that take the Micky out of people and when you give a good answer back they don't like it at all and they get in a bad mood
Because they cannot take it back if you are going to dish it out then a least accept the worse thing coming back to you

I hate it when you are cycling down a canal path and beeping your horn at 140db i am sure they can hear it with no problems at all and they are that rude and wont move out of your way to let you get passed because they think they own the footpath and then some people would shout at you say you should beep "just cannot win"

I hate it when your down a country lane and their is a horse around and you are telling the person on the horse that you are behind them and they look at you like you are nothing and you want to get passed with ease without being kicked

I hate it down country lanes when farmers wont clean up after them selfs when commuting down to the next town loads of muck on the road and they cannot be bothered to clean it up i swear they leave more on the road then what in their farm all together

I hate it when you are cycling down country lanes and their is a car behind you pull in for them and they don't even put their hand up or say thank you to you because you have let them passed you

I hate also impatient drivers down country lanes where you have no where to pull in at all because the road is too tight to pull or if you did pull in you would probably scratch the paint work on their car and their right behind you getting angry with you because you are not pulling in and you thinking to yourself i cannot pull because their is no where to pull in

Last edited:

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
The use of "parking up" instead of simply "parking". Likewise with "heading up" when used to describe "heading" an organisation or similar body.

TV weather forecasters who continually insert "the course of" during their forecasts, e.g. during "the course of" the day/afternoon or whatever. I heard one the other day who referred to "during the course of the overnight period" - maybe they are paid by the number of words used.

The use of "like", as in "I was like......" which seems to be spreading upwards from the younger generation.

Jim

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Gods, all of them.
Anything to do with religion.
Brainwashing.
Fake news and the avoidance of reporting real news.
Cold callers.

The amazon delivery guy that ripped the arm of his leather jacket, claiming that he didn't see the sign on my gate.

Sign.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Croxden

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
The use of "parking up" instead of simply "parking". Likewise with "heading up" when used to describe "heading" an organisation or similar body.

TV weather forecasters who continually insert "the course of" during their forecasts, e.g. during "the course of" the day/afternoon or whatever. I heard one the other day who referred to "during the course of the overnight period" - maybe they are paid by the number of words used.

The use of "like", as in "I was like......" which seems to be spreading upwards from the younger generation.

Jim
Sorry, 'Like' was very much 1950/60s Beatnik.
US tombstone inscription for Beatnik,
'Like I'm really gone this time man,
Don't dig me now.'

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Kissing and caressing with passion in busy public places as in light love making with tongues sticking out.
And being forced to hear peoples loud conversations whilst travelling on public transport.
Am I also being a public nuisance ?

MS.

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Sorry, 'Like' was very much 1950/60s Beatnik.
US tombstone inscription for Beatnik,
'Like I'm really gone this time man,
Don't dig me now.'
Agreed. That was my era but I'm sure I didn't use "like" (not like that anyway) - I'm sure I had plenty other annoying habits though :oops:

Jim

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Strange how 'Beatnik' faded from use.
Inspired by Sputnik, but after the 'Beatles', rapidly faded away.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Mobile phones in cinemas or theatres.

People who use open backed ear phones so we can hear what they're listening to.

People in general.

People in the outside lane of motorways.

Cleaning the upstairs bathroom only to return five minutes later to find dead flies already of the window cill, dandelion seeds, leaves and any other crap the wind can fit through the window.

The amount of dead trees put through my letter box trying to convince me who to vote for.

Gaz

• :D

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Thought for the day on Radio 2 from folk not qualified to have one...oh and OG especially when he has is correcting spelling head on. ( only joking OG, place wouldn't be same without you..)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
People who don't bother to make the effort to create their own avatar. Yet have the audacity to look upon the beauty of others creations. They should be ashamed of themselves! :p

People who say how great their bike looks and don't put pics up.

People selling bikes for high prices and also don't bother to put up pics.

Reactions: Zlatan

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
People who don't bother to make the effort to create their own avatar. Yet have the audacity to look upon the beauty of others creations. They should be ashamed of themselves! :p
He's from the North Pole and covered in snow.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bike parks are now charging double for a ebike :rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they say it is because they cause more damage than a normal bike going 15mph is load of boll>>ks tbh.

its more like well if they wont use the uplift then double the entrance fee and like everything is down to money ;)

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you not see fort William dh last week the forest section was totally ****** after the event ;)

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Twice the weight, twice the damage. Seems reasonable.

The same reasoning is applied to motor vehicle traffic on our roads.
All up weight is perhaps 10 % heavier. You are neglecting fact pushbike is one of few vehicles way way lighter than load it carries.

• Agree

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I'd like to add:
Getting flies land on your glasses when you're riding. Usually in your line of vision.

Bloody freeloaders!

Gaz

Reactions: flecc

Advertisers