Powabyke Owners Manual .

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
I am looking for an owners manual for my ancient Powabyke . I bought it second hand , and I do not know the model name . It has rigid forks , lead acid batteries , and a front hub motor , and five speed deraileurs . It does not have a low step through frame , the batteries fit between the two slim top tubes of the frame .Could the model be a Euro ? Can I download a manual any where , or does anyone have a surplus one please ? Another question . On the side of the battery box at the rear on the right is a large screw head of the type you would unscrew with a coin . This is not the fuse holder as that is a seperate item . Inside the box , behind the screw is a black pastic component with 2 or 3 wires to it , I forget which . Anyone know what this screw/component is , please ?

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Hi Ken I have emailed manuals etc to you.

Yes it is the Euro model.

If you register with Powabike using your email address you can access all the manuals for all models. John

Last edited:

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
A big Thank you to Flash and John . I have registered on the Powabyke site , and downloaded the documents John sent me . I have plenty of quality information to study now . John , the last time we spoke you may remember I asked about a motion sensor on the rear hub . According to the literature this was discontinued after 2003 ! Looks like my bike is older than I thought , and maybe I should join a vintage vehicle club . Originally this model was fitted with a stand on the left hand chainstay , which incorporated a bracket to secure the torque arm of the motion sensor . Someone has removed the stand , leaving the torque arm insecure . It will be simple to make a bracket for this .Thanks again chaps .

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
The torque arm you mention continues to puzzle me, my oldest bike has a black cover over the magnets with a label saying "sensor" but no torque arm just 2 flats in the centre which locate on the wheel spindle. The only thing I have seen with a torque arm is on the Mk1 Classic Eurobike, rear wheel motor and has a pod controller on the handlebars, it may be that yours is the classic with some updated components fitted, some photos would be good to help identify what you have. John

Grant

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2011
How can I find what model powabyke I have please, I am trying to help an older person that has one and they say there is no model number on it, thank you for your help
Grant:)

Grant

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2011
How can I find what model powabyke I have please, I am trying to help an older person that has one and they say there is no model number on it, thank you for your help
Grant:)
Ok, I have found out it is a 6 speed shopper, but I need a manual for my Dad and he cant seem to read the serial number, he doesnt live near me and so I cant seem to access them from powabyke website can anyone help please??
Mant thanks Grant:D

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Just checked on the powabyke site, all manuals for the shopper are available but you need to register with them, if you have any problems PM me your Email address I will send them to you. John

Last edited:

steveh6883

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2017
Llannon
Hi. Probably resurrecting an old post, but I have the opportunity to purchase a Powabyke Eurobyke 6 speed (lead to believe it also has a fairly unused replacement battery which takes a charge and powers the hub motor)
Looking for an owner's manual, registered on the Powabyke site, but can't seem to find a downloads section or owners zone
Any help?

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton
Reactions: steveh6883

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi. Probably resurrecting an old post, but I have the opportunity to purchase a Powabyke Eurobyke 6 speed (lead to believe it also has a fairly unused replacement battery which takes a charge and powers the hub motor)
Looking for an owner's manual, registered on the Powabyke site, but can't seem to find a downloads section or owners zone
Any help?
If it has lead batteries, they kill themselves if you leave them discharged. That will happen even if they're new. You can't judge how well they work by putting them on a charger. You have to test them over a full discharge cycle, otherwise assume that they're knackered. Best is to swap them out for a lithium battery anyway to save weight and get decent range. If you do get a lithium battery, make sure it can discharge at least 25A continuous, not a cheap low power one.

Reactions: steveh6883

steveh6883

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2017
Llannon
Does the battery & casing just lift out of a Powabyke Eurobyke or is there a lock somewhere?

steveh6883

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2017
Llannon
If it has lead batteries, they kill themselves if you leave them discharged. That will happen even if they're new. You can't judge how well they work by putting them on a charger. You have to test them over a full discharge cycle, otherwise assume that they're knackered. Best is to swap them out for a lithium battery anyway to save weight and get decent range. If you do get a lithium battery, make sure it can discharge at least 25A continuous, not a cheap low power one.
Any recommendations where to get a lithium battery that would fit?