Problem with PAS sensor

DBrown67

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2017
Leeds
Bought a BPM kit for my Giant Escape. Going to the lake district tomorrow and was hoping to have the bike ready for then. It does run on throttle but this PAS has given me a headache.

Original PAS was a little round left hand side mounting unit with a small ring of magnets. This didn't fit the tapered shafts of my bike. So I was sent a different PAS that mounts behind the crank wheel. It's a plastic disc of magnets that clips together and has a metal ring that clips around the outside.

Got this fitted fine only to discover that the julet plug on the sensor lead is now identical to the plug on the Lishui LS947 controller. Basically a male to male so they cannot connect.

Having given this some thought I *could* plug this lead into the throttle plug. Dunno if this would work and don't want to damage anything. Of course if this does work then I lose my throttle.

OR... I could swap the plug from the earlier sensor to this sensor. Don't mind a bit of wire splicing/soldering as it is a kit after all. But of course I'm concerned that the wire colours will not match. It's not guaranteed the colours of wires inside for 5V, earth etc. are the same on each sensor.

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Bought a BPM kit for my Giant Escape. Going to the lake district tomorrow and was hoping to have the bike ready for then. It does run on throttle but this PAS has given me a headache.

Original PAS was a little round left hand side mounting unit with a small ring of magnets. This didn't fit the tapered shafts of my bike. So I was sent a different PAS that mounts behind the crank wheel. It's a plastic disc of magnets that clips together and has a metal ring that clips around the outside.

Got this fitted fine only to discover that the julet plug on the sensor lead is a now the same as the plug on the Lishui LS947 controller. Basically a male to male so they cannot connect.

Having given this some thought I *could* plug this lead into the throttle plug. Dunno if this would work and don't want to damage anything. Of course if this does work then I lose my throttle.
Can you not fit the connector from original PAS to new one?

DBrown67

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2017
Leeds
Can you not fit the connector from original PAS to new one?
I edited my OP while you were typing :p

Yes I could... but will the wires colours match? And if colours match will they go to matching pins? I don't want to damage anything. And once I've spliced these cables I can't exactly send anything back.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Got this fitted fine only to discover that the julet plug on the sensor lead is now identical to the plug on the Lishui LS947 controller. Basically a male to male so they cannot connect.

OR... I could swap the plug from the earlier sensor to this sensor. Don't mind a bit of wire splicing/soldering as it is a kit after all. But of course I'm concerned that the wire colours will not match. It's not guaranteed the colours of wires inside are for 5V, earth etc.
Dave,

Don't plug the new pedal sensor in. Basically, the one you have is for a different controller.
We always leave everything plugged in when we send the kit out. When a customer wants something changed, we need to have a picture of what the customer has to be sure of the replacement part.
Can you please send back to us all the parts that are wrong, or email support@wooshbikes.co.uk pictures, I'll sort it for you.

Just to remind anyone who wants a left side pedal sensor: the splines on the sensor fit only a metal bottom bracket cup of the type you find on Shimano square taper bottom bracket, not plastic cup. Also, the axle length needs to be between 122mm and 125mm.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All-Sizes-Neco-Shimano-Type-Bike-Bicycle-BB-Bottom-Bracket-Sealed-Cartridge/251541333400

It's much easier to pop into a bike shop with the sensor and ask for 122.5mm axle length.

Tony

Last edited:
Reactions: Fordulike

DBrown67

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2017
Leeds
I did give my invoice no. on all correspondence so you could see what I had been sent.

Anyway, Andy has responded by email as well. I won't plug anything in.

Please come back to me by email to tell me exactly what you want sending back. Andy did say he was sending a 20A max controller to give more torque when I originally placed the order. The other controller you offer is 18A max.

To be clear, I only posted on here to try and get a quick solution if there was one as I'm off to the lakes tomorrow. So yes I am being a little impatient. I'll just have to take another bike.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's best if you could wait for Andy to respond tomorrow.
It could be that the new pedal sensor is matched with the new controller - Lishui do not have a standardised way with connectors and colours.

Many thanks for being patient.