problems with Panda eBikes

Kamil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
Hi,
I bought a kit from them 3 weeks ago and still haven't received it. They get a lot of negative feedback on eBay and trust pilot site. Is anyone experiencing similar problems with this company?

Last edited:

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Hi,
I bought a kit from them 3 weeks ago and still haven't received it. They get a lot of negative feedback on eBay and trust pilot site. Is anyone experiencing similar problems with this company?
I'm very sorry to hear that. I dealt with Panda Bikes a couple of years ago and found them really really decent, and can only assume there has been some kind of health or family problem because this is really out of character. I know how frustrating it is to want the goods you paid for and them be delayed, even though you know your money's safe.

Reactions: Swytch Bike

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I too have bought from Panda, no problems and very helpful, if I remember correctly, kit came within 3 days. It was, however, a purchase direct from Panda, not via E-Bay. Are you sure it's a genuine Panda offer?

Reactions: Swytch Bike

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
OP
Give us a link to the purchase you made. There are two different companies:-
Panda ebikes
Panda Leisure Bikes Limited (which sells e-bikes).
See this thread.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, we need details of what you ordered, where you ordered it from, and how you paid for it.

Kamil

Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
The kit was purchased from pandaebikes.com and I am communicating with them using e-mail address from the website.
I got a part of my order after a week after the payment date (on Monday) and informed them about the issue with the missing parts. They replied straight away and apologized for the mistake and promised to deal with the situation ASAP. I waited until Friday but I still didn't receive any parcel so I e-mailed them again and didn't get a reply. I decided to open a dispute on PayPal and after a couple of days asked PayPal to step in as the missing parts still hadn't been sent. Next week I got a reply from the company saying they will send the rest of my order on Thursday or Friday but I didn't get it on Monday (yesterday) so I emailed Panda eBikes again and was told that this time the missing parts are definitely going to be send until Tuesday (today). In the meantime they got quite a lot of negatywne feedback on eBay and trust pilot site so I am getting worried. I can return the incomplete order and get a refund but I have time to do it until this Friday only. I prefer to get the missing parts as for some reason PayPal decided that I am responsible for the return costs, which is ridiculous. This is going to be a lot of money due to the size of the box and the fact I have to use a trackable service. Anyway, I fear they might want to wait until Friday so I am not entitled to get a refund. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow because this is when the parcel is supposed to be delivered.
Just wanted to know if anyone here is dealing with the same problem.

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
I have used panda a few times. I had a small issue once and their communication and solution went way beyond my expectations.

Quite a few good reports on these pages so I do hope they get you sorted quickly

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I once tried contacting them and never got a peep out of them so never used again.

D

Deleted member 4366

They were probably busy preparing for and exhibiting at the Cycle show last week, which might explain some of it.

olden

Dec 3, 2015
They were probably busy preparing for and exhibiting at the Cycle show last week, which might explain some of it.
Ebay have pulled all their listings now, I would say this is not a good sign, my partner is awaiting some parts and has raised a claim with Paypal

Kamil

Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
So... it's Wednesday and I still haven't received the missing parts as Panda eBikes promised. There was no e-mail, no sms, no call, no card left by the courier and, obviously, no parcel waiting for me. It seems they lied to me again.
This is a nightmare.
Would @Panda eBikes like to comment on this?

atheo

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2011
Beds..
The kit was purchased from pandaebikes.com and I am communicating with them using e-mail address from the website.
I got a part of my order after a week after the payment date (on Monday) and informed them about the issue with the missing parts. They replied straight away and apologized for the mistake and promised to deal with the situation ASAP. I waited until Friday but I still didn't receive any parcel so I e-mailed them again and didn't get a reply. I decided to open a dispute on PayPal and after a couple of days asked PayPal to step in as the missing parts still hadn't been sent. Next week I got a reply from the company saying they will send the rest of my order on Thursday or Friday but I didn't get it on Monday (yesterday) so I emailed Panda eBikes again and was told that this time the missing parts are definitely going to be send until Tuesday (today). In the meantime they got quite a lot of negatywne feedback on eBay and trust pilot site so I am getting worried. I can return the incomplete order and get a refund but I have time to do it until this Friday only. I prefer to get the missing parts as for some reason PayPal decided that I am responsible for the return costs, which is ridiculous. This is going to be a lot of money due to the size of the box and the fact I have to use a trackable service. Anyway, I fear they might want to wait until Friday so I am not entitled to get a refund. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow because this is when the parcel is supposed to be delivered.
Just wanted to know if anyone here is dealing with
So... it's Wednesday and I still haven't received the missing parts as Panda eBikes promised. There was no e-mail, no sms, no call, no card left by the courier and, obviously, no parcel waiting for me. It seems they lied to me again.
This is a nightmare.
Would @Panda eBikes like to comment on this?
False promises and excuses,eventually.

raymee

Mar 12, 2015
False promises and excuses,eventually.
It should be noted that Oliver of Panda Bikes was always quick to jump on this forum when there was potential benefit for him, A search of Company House reveals he is the sole Director of Swytch Technology who are advertising on this forum seeking forward orders for a soon to be announced conversion kit, perhaps be a bit careful on that one as well !!!

D

Deleted member 4366

Could all you guys, who posted problems, keep us updated on how they turn out?

Kamil

Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
d8veh said:
Could all you guys, who posted problems, keep us updated on how they turn out?
Yes, I'll let you know as soon as I get the missing parts from Panda eBikes. I've asked Oliver to send me a proof of despatch and I am still waiting for his reply.

olden

Dec 3, 2015
What parts are you missing, ?? if your deadline for a paypal refund is tomorrow you need to decide if the price of the missing parts /lost warranty is cheaper than the return cost, but Panda may not accept the return parcel in anycase if do you opt for the return. Paypal are usually excellent and tend to favour the customer rather than the supplier they will freeze the money and return it to you on proof of delivery.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
What parts are you missing, ?? if your deadline for a paypal refund is tomorrow you need to decide if the price of the missing parts /lost warranty is cheaper than the return cost, but Panda may not accept the return parcel in anycase if do you opt for the return. Paypal are usually excellent and tend to favour the customer rather than the supplier they will freeze the money and return it to you on proof of delivery.
Just to add, Paypal allow you 180 days following the original transaction to open a case.

Kamil

Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
olden said:
The missing parts are worth more than £250... It's their 8.8Ah battery, controller, PAS and cables that they didn't send.
I'll return what I've got tomorrow if they don't send me a proof of despatch today... And I don't think they will because I haven't heard from them today after I asked for it.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
The missing parts are worth more than £250... It's their 8.8Ah battery, controller, PAS and cables that they didn't send.
I'll return what I've got tomorrow if they don't send me a proof of despatch today... And I don't think they will because I haven't heard from them today after I asked for it.
That's a p**s poor show! I would open a Paypal case before sending anything back, especially if you're not receiving any reply from them.