problems with Panda eBikes

Kamil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
danielrlee said:
Just to add, Paypal allow you 180 days following the original transaction to open a case.
The deadline for PayPal return is on Saturday and if I don't submit tracking information by then the case will be closed with no possibility to reopen it.
I still prefer to get the missing parts but after these lies from Panda eBikes I fear I might not get them at all...
Any suggestions?

Also, I don't want to pay for returning my order. Why would I? It was Panda's mistake and I don't think they are willing to fix it. Do you think PayPal will take it into consideration and ask the seller to return the return cost, too?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
The deadline for PayPal return is on Saturday and if I don't submit tracking information by then the case will be closed with no possibility to reopen it.
I still prefer to get the missing parts but after these lies from Panda eBikes I fear I might not get them at all...
Any suggestions?
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Reading again, it sounds like you've already had a return authorised through Paypal and the allotted returns window is quickly running out. If that's the case, you need to act promptly, else your only remaining option would be to initiate a charge back through your credit card company if you used one. Paypal look rather dimly at CC chargebacks though, so try to avoid it if at all possible.

Failing that, you're up s**t creek.

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
I don't see why you have to supply tracking data to PayPal if you are making the claim for undelivered goods, Panda are the ones who have broken the contract

Even if you pass the PayPal time limit you still have the option of the small claims court.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I don't see why you have to supply tracking data to PayPal if you are making the claim for undelivered goods, Panda are the ones who have broken the contract

Even if you pass the PayPal time limit you still have the option of the small claims court.
The goods are classed as 'faulty', rather than 'undelivered', even though part of the order was missing (a delivery was made after all).

The tracking number is to show that the goods have been returned to the retailer. Only an 'attempted delivery' is required in order for Paypal to process a refund. This stops unscrupulous retailers from simply refusing to accept the return at the door.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Also, I don't want to pay for returning my order. Why would I? It was Panda's mistake and I don't think they are willing to fix it. Do you think PayPal will take it into consideration and ask the seller to return the return cost, too?
This is a bit of a grey area. Consumer rights state that the seller should pay for return postage in the event of faulty goods. Paypal however have no way of making the seller do so and can only return up to the value of the original transaction. In the event of a stalemate, as already mentioned, you'd have to pursue the matter through the small claims court.

Kamil

Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
danielrlee said:
This is a bit of a grey area. Consumer rights state that the seller should pay for return postage in the event of faulty goods. Paypal however have no way of making the seller do so and can only return up to the value of the original transaction. In the event of a stalemate, as already mentioned, you'd have to pursue the matter through the small claims court.
Thanks for clarifying that.
Do you think it it worth giving Panda eBikes a chance and wait for the missing parts?

olden

Dec 3, 2015
So basically you got a wheel and Hub !!
Proceed with your paypal claim, Panda is a limited company so your chances of getting anything from a County Court Claim are zero, and you will get into expense and protracted litigation, take the cost of the return on the chin its your best way out.
Although Ebay have ceased their listings they continue to take money from their website, I think you need to report them to 'Action Fraud' as clearly they dont have the goods they purport to have in stock, each day that passes more innocent customers are being put into a negative situation, their payment gateways need to be aware of this as they will be the ones who have to compensate.

Kamil

Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
I've just received an email from them. It seems that they sent the parcel after all (I've got the tracking number). It's a shame they didn't inform me about it earlier.
Anyway, I am going to let you know if everything is fine. The missing parts should arrive tomorrow.

Reactions: flecc

Kamil

Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
I've got the missing parts! I took 25 days full of frustration and uncertainty but I finally received what I paid for.
It seems that the company really struggled with some kind of problems and is now trying to catch up. I don't think, however, that there is a justification for not informing customers about what exactly caused the delay. A lot of fuss could be avoided...

• Agree
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 4366

I've got the missing parts! I took 25 days full of frustration and uncertainty but I finally received what I paid for.
It seems that the company really struggled with some kind of problems and is now trying to catch up. I don't think, however, that there is a justification for not informing customers about what exactly caused the delay. A lot of fuss could be avoided...
That's the way it looks, but the company may be one guy selling stuff from his garage, and he was busy trying to launch his new Swytch kit - not nice for you, though.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
i bought a mid drive kit, things arnt right. phoned them told to send an email, emailed them told to fill an online support. did that sadly little if any support. felt quite let down. still wont pull away on the the throttle. ask them for the sttings so i could check them. never got a reply.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
not sure if i'm aload to say, but most of my stuffs from electric bike conversions lmt. dont think there big but found them spot on and very helpfull. just bought a mid drive and had to go else where and hated it. i like to know theres after sales if needed.

D

Deleted member 4366

i bought a mid drive kit, things arnt right. phoned them told to send an email, emailed them told to fill an online support. did that sadly little if any support. felt quite let down. still wont pull away on the the throttle. ask them for the sttings so i could check them. never got a reply.
Start a new thread. Tell us exactly what you have. Do your best to use proper sentences and grammar. I don't judge people's ability to write properly, but I have trouble understanding what you're saying. We should be able to get to the bottom of why what you have isn't working properly. Use photos as well as words if you think it will help.

Kamil

Oct 2, 2017
Derbyshire
I think it's worth mentioning that the battery I've got from Panda eBikes looks completely different than the one displayed on their website. Also, there was an additional invoice in the box with the missing parts that says "Hailong 8.8Ah battery - Chinese cells". Are the DLG cells they claim to use in their batteries Chinese?
What is more, I've got an European type plug with the charger - not UK.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
Start a new thread. Tell us exactly what you have. Do your best to use proper sentences and grammar. I don't judge people's ability to write properly, but I have trouble understanding what you're saying. We should be able to get to the bottom of why what you have isn't working properly. Use photos as well as words if you think it will help.
sorry for my sentences and grammar. i'll start a thread, and try to explane better.

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
They do appear a little disorganised at times, the kit I bought took some time to arrive as they didn't have the brake sensors. I then received the brake sensors only and had to chase the rest of the stuff I finally got the whole kit, plus another set of brake sensors.

They did respond to emails though and I got everything in the end.