problems with Panda eBikes

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
To all of our customers who have experienced delays or errors with their order in the last month - due to the loss of a key member of staff, multiple failed deliveries of new goods, and the spinning off of a new business (SWYTCH) our customer service has been unusually slow and inefficient. Things are now back to normal though you will be glad to hear and we will resolve any outstanding issues.

Anyone still waiting for missing parts or for the delivery of an order, please send an email quoting your order number to support@pandaebikes.com and we will resolve your issues immediately.

Our sincere apologies once again

On behalf of everyone at Panda eBikes

Oliver

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Ebay have pulled all their listings now, I would say this is not a good sign, my partner is awaiting some parts and has raised a claim with Paypal
Apologies to any customers who prefer to buy from our eBay listings - we have have been trying to move away from eBay for some time to avoid their extortionate fees, we have recently succeeded in bringing sufficient sales directly through our website which has now been realised due to high ranking of our page in search results.

We have also almost finished launching our new Builder application on our website making it easier for customers to choose their ideal conversion kit and have complete flexibility over the parts they choose. It is not possible to integrate this with eBay and we want to focus on this method of selecting and purchasing conversion kits as the future of our customer experience.

Here is the link to our product builder, feedback is most welcome:

https://www.pandaebikes.com/build-your-own/?bid=602853&pid=602851

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
I've got the missing parts! I took 25 days full of frustration and uncertainty but I finally received what I paid for.
It seems that the company really struggled with some kind of problems and is now trying to catch up. I don't think, however, that there is a justification for not informing customers about what exactly caused the delay. A lot of fuss could be avoided...
Hi Kamil

Just wanted to apologise to you personally and publicly - your order was a complete mess-up. Me and my colleagues were told multiple times by the third party warehouse we use that the goods had been sent out to you, I'm glad that all the items arrived eventually.

Regards

Oliver

Reactions: Kamil

Jonathan Riches

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 3, 2017
Isle of Wight
I am still having issues getting any response from Oliver regarding an issue with the controller on my kit. I was getting sporadic response last week (try this / try that etc), but now it's gone to radio silence. This is slightly annoying since I'm still in warranty after 10 months and around 3000 miles usage, having to commute under my own steam (I swapped out the hub at least) reminds me of the effort to get up the hills and go into a headwind!

If I get no response I'll have to find a compatible controller.

Shame really, I had terrific service initially when I bought the kit, mainly to get the hub front wheel clearance sorted out.

D

Deleted member 4366

I am still having issues getting any response from Oliver regarding an issue with the controller on my kit. I was getting sporadic response last week (try this / try that etc), but now it's gone to radio silence. This is slightly annoying since I'm still in warranty after 10 months and around 3000 miles usage, having to commute under my own steam (I swapped out the hub at least) reminds me of the effort to get up the hills and go into a headwind!

Shame really, I had terrific service initially when I bought the kit, mainly to get the hub front wheel clearance sorted out.
Why don't you ask how to sort it here?

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014

Hi Jonathan

Sorry that we missed your most recent support email. The problem you are experiencing of suddenly getting no response from the throttle or PAS is most likely due to accidentally muddling the settings on the LCD display. We have sent through our step-by-step support procedure (also available on our website), please follow this and get back to us - you can also try a factory reset on the LCD display which will correct any accidental setting changes.

Cheers!

Jonathan Riches

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 3, 2017
Isle of Wight
Panda bikes,
OK I had some success with the tips you've provided. Basically if I force the "walk mode" on, then use the throttle I get it all working. So I can assume that the PAS is broken, probably some intermittent fault.
However that said, I was commuting yesterday, just using the throttle and then all power ceased. I think this is much more terminal. I would assume I need a new controller now aswell.
I have emailed 4 days ago and I'm still waiting for your 24 hour response. I'd happily buy some replacement parts, but knowing where to go to match the connectors is the issue?

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi Jonathan, don't worry someone is looking into your issue we are just extremely busy this week since finishing the launch of the new Swytch kit.

If any replacement parts are required we will be happy to provide these free of charge you won't need to purchase replacements

Thanks for your patience!

Maria

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
PS - as per the email from Oliver just now, the support procedure we sent you to fill out is still only partially completed and key sections like the LCD settings are blank - for us to help you efficiently you really need to complete the support procedure fully thanks!

antas1962

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Sweden
I think it's worth mentioning that the battery I've got from Panda eBikes looks completely different than the one displayed on their website. Also, there was an additional invoice in the box with the missing parts that says "Hailong 8.8Ah battery - Chinese cells". Are the DLG cells they claim to use in their batteries Chinese?
What is more, I've got an European type plug with the charger - not UK.
Hi,
I bought a kit through eBay in August 2017. I had the same experience, the delivered battery was not the same as in the eBay add.
Furthemore, the battery performance was weak already from day 1. The battery also self-discharged rapidly even when it was disconnected from the bike. Finally, the battery didn’t respond to the battery charger any longer, completely dead (fuse ok).
I’ve repetatedly tried to get in contact with Panda ebikes through their support email address, but the only response I get every time is an automatic reply stating that they will contact me within 48 hours. Never happened yet!
I’ve built an ebike, which now is just a very heavy normal bike....

Order number: Item no: 112475992627.

Last edited:

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi,
I bought a kit through eBay in August 2017. I had the same experience, the delivered battery was not the same as in the eBay add.
Furthemore, the battery performance was weak already from day 1. The battery also self-discharged rapidly even when it was disconnected from the bike. Finally, the battery didn’t respond to the battery charger any longer, completely dead (fuse ok).
I’ve repetatedly tried to get in contact with Panda ebikes through their support email address, but the only response I get every time is an automatic reply stating that they will contact me within 48 hours. Never happened yet!
I’ve built an ebike, which now is just a very heavy normal bike....

Order number: Item no: 112475992627.
Hi! Sorry to hear about your problem with the battery - we've been responding to emails pretty quickly but with some delays this January due to the influx of messages after the Christmas break now everyone is back

I'm surprised to hear you say the battery was not like in the advert? It may be that the battery casing was ever so slightly different to the photo but the size function and internals of the battery will be the same :)

Please contact the sales inbox sales@pandaebikes.com and we will bring your query up to the top of our attention, we may need to ask you to return the battery for testing so we can repair or replace it

Thanks!

antas1962

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Sweden
Hi! Sorry to hear about your problem with the battery - we've been responding to emails pretty quickly but with some delays this January due to the influx of messages after the Christmas break now everyone is back

I'm surprised to hear you say the battery was not like in the advert? It may be that the battery casing was ever so slightly different to the photo but the size function and internals of the battery will be the same :)

Please contact the sales inbox sales@pandaebikes.com and we will bring your query up to the top of our attention, we may need to ask you to return the battery for testing so we can repair or replace it

Thanks!
Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply! I've tried to mail the claim history to you today, but I get "no recipient" when I send to sales@pandaebikes.com. Check if you got something.
BR,
Anders

antas1962

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Sweden

Thanks!
Hi,
After returning my bad battery, I finally got a new battery (still not the same as in the ad though). Works fine so far.
Best Regards,
Anders