Puma 500W Motors 160USD plus shipping

emissions-free

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2009
Shanghai
Gents and ladies of course :)

I have both the 500W and 350W at 36V Puma (Mac) motors ready to ship. These are a well known geared hub motor, very similar to the BMC motors. The 500W motor is available for both front and rear wheel installation, but the front can only be used with rim brakes. Rear is disk brake compatible and can accept a 7 speed freewheel with 135mm dropout. 350W front is disk brake compatible, as is the 350W rear. These motors are primarily intended for a 26" or 700C sized rim but with some overvolts you could run them in a smaller rim. The 350W motor is a little cheaper, will get back with an exact price soon. Shipping options at present are EMS at 35% discount, standard Air and Sea Freight. Paypal adds additional 6% (sorry that is what it costs me). Shipping is from China and total cost including Paypal commission (wire transfer drops the 6% paypal commission) and shipping (Air Freight) will be just over 240USD or about 180euros at the present exchange rate. Sea Freight is available at a reduced cost.

These motors will comfortable run at 48V and quite a few have also ran them at 60V. Below is a some data I collected from the 500W motor. Even though these are described as a 500W motor they actually pull all the current you can throw at them and I have personally seen about 1000W on a 36V pack with 25A controller and about 1800W on a 48V pack with 35A controller:

No load RPM with 38.2V supply, 365rpm
36V pack (38V under load), no pedalling, you're looking at almost 40kph, but typically expect about 37kph or so.
48V pack (approximately 50V under load), you're looking at mid to high 40s kph.

The 500W motor comes with a no cost option single steel gear, but not all of them are fitted with these so it's first come first served till I can get some more. The steel gear does make the motor a bit more noisy but I would not describe it as a noisy motor either way. They're not as quiet as the new breed of Bafang, but they're not overly loud. I've been using a 500W front motor for over 6 months at both 36V and 48V using the standard nylon gears. The steel gear is only necessary for those who really want to push the limits.

I also have some high speed 500W motors. These are 485rpm at 38.6V no load. I ordered a few of these for a dual motor bike which has turned out pretty good so far but they would also work well in a smaller rim. Not recommended for a single motor in a 26" rim, although they could work well with a higher current limit controller, but I haven't personally tried that yet.

Attached are a few pics. The polished finish is the 350W motor and the painted finish is the 500W motor.

Drop me a PM or send an email to emissions-free_worldwide (at) hotmail.com

Thanks
Paul

Attachments

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Do you have any weight and torque specs ?

Thanx.

emissions-free

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2009
Shanghai
Hi Tim,

the rear 500W motor is 4.3kg all in, the front 350W is 3.8kg. The rear axle is an M14 thread with the normal 10mm flats.

Attached are the torque curves for the 500W motor. Both plots are for the same motor, but obviously it produces more power at 48V. I know of people using them at 60V too.

Attachments

emissions-free

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2009
Shanghai
Come on guys, these motors are the same motors that others are selling for 200euros, so at least 10% cheaper than other sources I've seen that do exactly the same as i do, Ship them from China to worldwide. These are every bit as good as the BMC motors but are a fraction of the price. I'm happy to ship by sea freight if you don't mind the wait which will significantly reduce costs.

At todays exchange rates you are looking at approximately 160GBP by air or 135GBP by sea freight. If a few want to get together and arrange a group buy I'm sure I could come up with something to make you happy. Have a look on Endless Sphere for Cell_Man. I've been selling quite a bit on there and there's no bad feedback from anybody. These motors are not the cheap direct drive motor that you see on ebay, which typically cost less than half the price of these, they are a well proven geared hub motor. The 350W motor would be a bit cheaper again at somewhere around 150-155GBP.

I really need to get my website up and running but I've been so busy with the very special prismatic cells and packs I've been selling that there never seems to be time. I'm living in China but I'm from the UK and I will be keeping some stock and spares in the UK to make it easier for customers.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Have you got the torque curve for the 350w ? :)