Puncture proofing tyres

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
At the risk of tempting fate, my e-bike commuters runs Puncture guard Schwalbe tyres - done the whole winter without issues on some pretty rubbish tarmac(ish) surfaces.

Looking at the design you can see the protection strip wont prevent damage towards the edge of the tread or tyre walls. Personally I dont like Slime et al so dont use it

pt36

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2018
Very good results with 28mm Schwalbe Durano plus (similar to Marathon, but only thick rubber in the middle) and Schwalbe 28-45C tubes. With Continental Grand Prix I used to get a flat on almost every long cycle :(

John G

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2017
North Wales
I went tubeless about a month ago when I put some trail tyres on my new tubeless rims. Found it easy to fix the new valves and add the Stan's no tubes fluid using the syringe through the valve with the core removed.
No punctures, but yesterday I removed a thorn from the front tyre. Heard a hiss of air but it was self sealed almost immediately by the latex fluid. Pleased so far, and an added bonus is running the tyres at a lower pressure, which gives a softer ride on my hardtail.