Purchased a 2018 Cube Reaction Race 500

Pylon37

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2017
Glasgow
I got a Tortec rack specifically for 29ers from Halfords for my 2016 Cube reaction - it was on offer and with my BC discount was only £12 it fits fine and replaced the Topeak I had on before from my 27 hybrid the clearance on that was ok but a bit tight. I find the flat deck on the rack works well as a mudguard which I have coupled with RRP enduroguard mudguards, for imo a smarter minimal look compared to a full mudguard or crudcatcher

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
Any pics of the tortec rack fitted to your bike ? I currently have a Altura arran expanding rack that locks onto the seatpost with a quick release bracket but it’s not really big enough and has a low weight rating . A lot of the racks spoil the look of the bike but I’m coming around to thinking a rack would suit my needs better ?

Pylon37

Aug 2, 2017
Glasgow
Any pics of the tortec rack fitted to your bike ? I currently have a Altura arran expanding rack that locks onto the seatpost with a quick release bracket but it’s not really big enough and has a low weight rating . A lot of the racks spoil the look of the bike but I’m coming around to thinking a rack would suit my needs better ?
Don't have any to hand but will post some tonight /tomorrow

Reactions: Plodder Bob

Francis Albert

Mar 19, 2018
Manchester
Ordered a Reaction 500 today from Evans.
Bought an old bike off gumtree for £10 and so got £200 off rest on 24 months 0%. Upgraded the pedals and it's coming next week.
Love the look of it and hope my dodgy knees and iffy hip will not complain too much as chant wait to get back to what I did a few years ago.

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
Bought an old bike off gumtree for £10 and so got £200 off rest on 24 months 0%. Upgraded the pedals and it's coming next week.
Love the look of it and hope my dodgy knees and iffy hip will not complain too much as chant wait to get back to what I did a few years ago.
I did similar and paid £5 at second hand shop and got £200 off mine :cool:

After a recent knee op - it’s enabling me to commute 14 miles a day (not flat) something I’d never dream of doing without the ebike but still getting a reasonable workout at the same time :D

Keep us posted :)

Francis Albert

Mar 19, 2018
Manchester
Yes...wildo...three knee ops for me and not really ridden for 3/4 years so this is a gamble.
My wife will kick me out when she finds out I've spent 2k

Reactions: Parky

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
Yes...wildo...three knee ops for me and not really ridden for 3/4 years so this is a gamble.
My wife will kick me out when she finds out I've spent 2k
Don’t tell her :(

What she don’t know, won’t hurt you and it’s all for good reasons anyways :cool:

YOHO

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Nice one. Which colour, red or black?

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Some recent leisure rides in this better weather have made me appreciate having bought a mountain bike, instead of my original idea of buying a city hybrid type bike for commuting.

A mountain bike gives me the best of both worlds, with lights, rack and tail bag it's great for my road ride commute, and equally great when going off road, thanks to the front suspension and Smart Sam tyres. It allows me to explore wherever I like, whereas a city hybrid might have turned out to be a little restrictive for me.

Very pleased with this bike :)

Reactions: EddiePJ

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The last pic has the Eddie touch to it, nice pic.

Reactions: EddiePJ

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
The Topeka Explorer 29er rack came in handy today when collecting two pairs of shoes i'd had delivered to my local supermarket..

Some cheap £30 waterproof shoes for cycling (colour co-ordinated in blue to match my bike, naturally :))...

Francis Albert

Mar 19, 2018
Manchester
I’ve had mine a week and never been off it.
It’s got me back pedalling for the first time in years and I’m loving it more than I even thought.
Bought the 19 frame but thought it felt cramped so swooped for 21 which is bigger but feels better.
Going to invest in a litelok belt lock coz I’m petrified someone is going to try to nick it!!