Q128 with sine wave controller

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013
Does anyone here own one of these motor controller combinations? Would be really helpful for me to try one out. I'm based in Hertfordshire but can cycle a bit further afield or train it to London/Brighton.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can take my word for it. You won't be disappointed with the 48v version.

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013
You can take my word for it. You won't be disappointed with the 48v version.
Thanks d8veh and I appreciate your advice, but hearing is personal to oneself. Also, would I not have to get a 48V battery with the 48 version; I currently own a 36V battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have 36v one with dual V controller it is almost silent, my tyres and the wind are louder. My bpm,Oxydrive and bbs are all louder.

Reactions: AndrewJ
D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks d8veh and I appreciate your advice, but hearing is personal to oneself. Also, would I not have to get a 48V battery with the 48 version; I currently own a 36V battery.
I've tried just about every type of controller and motor. The Q128C with a KT sine-wave controller is the quietest. It's not a personal thing. It's simply comparitive.

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013
Hmm; if I do try this out, it would not be dissimilar to the Stokemonkey layout but on a recumbent, so would need to find or get someone to fabricate a mount unless anyone knows where to source something suitable; I think the boom where the existing BB mount is installed is 40mm. Would you be able to run a belt instead of a chain from the motor to the left crank?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
We need a drawing. :)

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013
That seems a bit pointless to me. why not use a ready-made crank-drive?
As you know, amongst other things, I am looking for the quietest drive; if this arrangement makes it noisier then I'll have to reconsider. I can't put hub motors in the wheel of the faired recumbent that I am getting. It's also why I'm trying to source very quiet crank drives. I haven't had the opportunity to try out a Bafang BBS of any kind. That seems to be the only other real alternative drive out there, bar the Bewo at the moment. There is the possibility of attaining a mainstream crank drive without the rest bike as it were, although it would be more expensive. I test rode the Brose on a mtb yesterday and the drive was the quietest of any I've ridden; it was also the most natural power response that I have experienced, and my current setup isn't bad in that respect as it's the TSDZ2 which has a torque sensor.

D

Deleted member 4366

When you use a hub-motor as a crank-drive, more noise comes from the chain than anything else, so you gain nothing over a conventional crank-drive.

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013
When you use a hub-motor as a crank-drive, more noise comes from the chain than anything else, so you gain nothing over a conventional crank-drive.
In that case, could you not use a belt drive in lieu of the chain leading to the hub motor sprocket?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Eh ben voila! You can say Quattro velo on here. We will all be a little jealous. Or maybe I won't be for very long... :cool:

I would vote for the 500 W 36 V BBS02 from e3mev, unfortunately they are no longer stamped 250 W but the will put a 250 W sticker on it for you :)

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No I am going to give the Mxus a second life. I don't know if the brightonebikes one has the 25 Amp controller.