Q128C seems very slow - normal or not?

D

Deleted member 4366

There isn't a white speed restriction wire. Are you sure your mate knows what he's doing?

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
I hope so! Was just going by Nealh's advice earlier in this thread. Haven't seen it personally yet. What is Neal referring to then? Apparently he found a white wire and disconnected it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:
Reactions: Forge Custom

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
OK - trumpet fanfare - just been to pick up the bike. Mysterious white wire found and disconnected and ..... she flies like a bird. Thanks Nealh.​

Only thing I've noticed is that the motor seems to cut out at what must be getting towards top speed. Soon comes back again. Is that because I've reached the top speed set on the LCD maybe?

D

Deleted member 4366

If you get cutting out at a particular speed, the controller is limiting the speed. Without a speed limit, you can't feel any cut-outs. You just run out of power.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Depends what speed you cut out at now ?
You will have either reached the optimal top end speed for hubs rpm @ the supplied voltage or need to set the lcd speed setting a bit higher.
Pointless setting the speed on lcd to 70mph as you never peddle that fast for mine I just set it between 32 - 45km/h / 20 - 32 mph.

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Depends what speed you cut out at now ?
You will have either reached the optimal top end speed for hubs rpm @ the supplied voltage or need to set the lcd speed setting a bit higher.
Pointless setting the speed on lcd to 70mph as you never peddle that fast for mine I just set it between 32 - 45km/h / 20 - 32 mph.
Looks like it's set to 72km/h.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
D

Deleted member 4366

You have a speed limit set somewhere. You just have to find it.

Try this: make a note of all the settings, then do a system reset back to defaults. See if that clears it.

Reactions: Forge Custom

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Hi. Slight spanner in the proverbial works possibly. I've just found both torque arms I bought still in the box of bits! Hadn't noticed. It's a steel frame - is this likely to cause me any problems?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Depending on dropouts you don't usually need them on a steel frame. If the dropouts are very thin they might be a good idea.