Questions about Bianchi e-jab fs bike

razorsbk

Just Joined
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Hello guys, I'm new here. I'm thinking about buying an electric bike, right now I have a dirt hardtail mtb as my main ride.

I just found a great deal for a used electric bike, Bianchi e-jab fs for 2k euros. If I negotiate with the seller maybe I'll be able to shave off one or two hundred euros.

Here are the bike specs: https://www.bianchi.com/global/bikes/bikes_detail.aspx?rangeIDMaster=200606&categoryIDMaster=200607&bikeIDMaster=182508

I'll attach a photo or two with to bike from the ad.

There is not too much information about this bike, like user reviews, forums etc. and I don't know what to do.
I'm riding mostly city bike lanes and in parks. I'd say less than 20km per day.

I do like some speed while riding, and 25kmh is not enough for me. I'm really consider chip tunning as an option for this Bosch Performance gen 2.
Will there be any problems with the motor after chip tuning?
Do you think is a good bike/deal?
I'm not sure if I can change the interface language from Italian to English, any ideas?
I could not find a user manual for the bike to read more about the motor, battery and computer, Don you know where I could find all this information?
Thanks.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Most bike makers don't supply much in the way of a manual.

But you will get booklets/leaflets for the individual components.

All the Bosch manuals - motor/battery/display are online at the Bosch ebike portal.

There is a language option on the Intuvia display, so unless yours is a special Italian only one (unlikely) it will be possible to change it to English.

Chips/dongles don't tune the motor, they merely remove the 15.5mph cut off.

Still a big difference, but there's quite a bit of pedalling to do, and you may run out of gears if you want to break land speed records.

No evidence moderate use of a dongle does the motor any harm.

The bike looks a reasonable price for the spec, assuming it's all in good order.

It looks like it has the first Gen 2 motor which has a slightly bigger casing than the current one.

Chances are it will also have the smaller 400wh battery.

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
It's a good bike for the money with a similar spec to the Diamondback Corax 1.0.
We're currently selling the Corax 1.0 for £2400
https://powerbikes.uk/shop/e-bikes/diamondback-corax-1-0-27-fs-emtb/

If you can negotiate a better price with the seller saying you can get a new bike for not much more then I think you could get yourself a bargain.