Quick battery question....

ancly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 14, 2016
Hi,

On my second conditioning cycle oxydrive 250 cst ht 13ah and just wondered what 'flat' is in terms of battery. I've got it down to one bar on the display, 33.1v and it kicks in for a second or two then dies [in fact it's not a lot of use with two bars on the display]

Is this 'flat' for conditioning purposes or should i run no load for longer? I got it to almost this state for it's first cycle and it took about seven hours to charge.

Just trying to get it right from the outset.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
'conditioning' is still recommended by some, but others say don't bother. I certainly wouldn't bother running it no load.

I would charge it up, and just use it normally from now on.

When all is said n done, if battery conditioning were so important it'd be done at the factory or the dealership, on some kind of discharge rig.

ancly

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks Alan.

I'll take it out tomorrow and see how it does. I live at the top of a hill so it's uphill all the way back whichever way I go out !

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
33.1v is flat, 7hrs to charge is flat. The battery is 13ah and the charger if the same as mine has a 2amp charge rate so takes 6.5 -7 hrs to charge if flat.

ancly

Jan 14, 2016
33.1v is flat, 7hrs to charge is flat. The battery is 13ah and the charger if the same as mine has a 2amp charge rate so takes 6.5 -7 hrs to charge if flat.
Thanks Neal, I'm getting to grips with it now.

Yes 2a charger.

Andy

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisers