Real Life Range

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
Had some bloke on FB the other day who was absolutely convinced that a Cube HPA 160 would do 200 miles in Eco mode...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could make it go as far as the moon if you have a avg speed above the cut off limit.

tho then not much point of a ebike as just carrying 10kg of extra waight.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My 500w battety on the Bosch mtb will give me up to 60 miles riding up the relatively flat valley roads, but I am nearly 70 and can't keep it above the cutoff for long whereas a younger fitter cyclist could do much much better.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my bike has turbo and off :)

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
You nearly 70 gubbins?....sheesh...thought I was talking to some punk kid..not all kids are punks mind you..an not all punks are kids...anyway...70??..old git..jeez..

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
I don,t like ..old fart ..that's derogatory....did I say tory then??...anyway...old git is more respectable in my eyes...so old git you be...old git you are...I hope I,m as sprightly as you sound when I'm nearly 70..ish...unlikely though..

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I don,t like ..old fart ..that's derogatory....did I say tory then??...anyway...old git is more respectable in my eyes...so old git you be...old git you are...I hope I,m as sprightly as you sound when I'm nearly 70..ish...unlikely though..
Your riding a bike mate so your half way there

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
..don,t really do 93.8 miles..lucky to get 15 going full pelt..lots of hills..would love to get a 500w batt to go with my 400..but at £850...such a blatant rip off..id rather buy a new bike with 500w....

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
..don,t really do 93.8 miles..lucky to get 15 going full pelt..lots of hills..would love to get a 500w batt to go with my 400..but at £850...such a blatant rip off..id rather buy a new bike with 500w....
By wife one that uses same battery, thats my plan this year.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I ordered a Speedbox2 from Germany because the website advised it was "In Stock" and would be dispatched immediately but for some reason it wasn't shipped for 3 weeks and didn't arrive for 4 weeks. My queries about the delays were answered promptly but ambiguously only admitting to a factory problem right at the end. After fitting I reported an issue with it but got no responses from then on.
Just to clarify any possible misunderstanding here, I did not purchase from e-bike tuning shop and any inference that I did is accidental. Even so Jens has been very helpful. Hands held out for slap!!

Reactions: Jum42

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
My Bosch 500 battery on my Cube Race gives me about 40 miles, but I'm heavy and ride up very steep hills.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
40 miles? I wish! Do you use Strava to log your rides?
I only use Strava for occasional journeys when I want to measure the heights of the hills I have to ride up.

This is my typical ride home, it is only a short journey but is steep..(obviously my ride to work is all down hill)

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Your right, but remember this is just my commute to work meaning I have to do that hill every day, sometimes at 4am and sometimes at 7am after a 12 hr shift at work, rain or shine.

When I have to work at a different branch I have to do this ride just to get to work..

Related Articles

Advertisers